Lucee on IIS or Linux, thoughts?

Chad Stinner

Mar 7, 2019, 10:46:44 AM3/7/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
*dusts off the group*

Hey all,

The recent hotfix from ColdFusion bricked our install and that's like the 5th one in the past 3 years with significant issues. We're starting to look at Lucee and wanted to hear anyone's experience with it on Windows or Linux.

Thanks for any info!

--
Chad Stinner
(919) 530-0054

Jim Priest

Mar 7, 2019, 11:07:55 AM3/7/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
I really like Lucee.  Much more advanced features, more devops friendly,  the developers actual listen to their users instead of making weird tools like REST and monitoring applications which already exist.

There are some things Lucee used to not support like cfspreadsheet and cfpdf but I believe these can all be handled now via plugins.  https://download.lucee.org/

There are a few weird language differences but usually not a big hurdle:  https://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-acf.html

It's pretty easy to spin up CommandBox or Lucee express and see how your app runs on Lucee.

If I were starting a new CFML project I'd go with Lucee.  IMO Adobe seems to be floundering lately.

Jim

--
Upcoming events: http://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Area-ColdFusion-Users-Group/
Follow us on Twitter: @tacfug

Anant Pradhan

Mar 7, 2019, 11:46:03 AM3/7/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
Lucee works well on either Linux or Windows. I have it working locally with Windows but most people that use it in production run it on Linux, which is what I would recommend. Makes it a lot of easier to automate configuration and containerize, if you decide to go that route.

Anant

David Belton

Mar 7, 2019, 12:14:30 PM3/7/19
to tac...@googlegroups.com
I found Lucee on Linux to be very dependable and very similar to CF11+ -- This is from a the programming side, however. I did not do the install nor any of the admin side. I can point you to the person who did the install and admin if you want.

-David