Change the behavior of "unsuccessfull filter"

Adrien Ledeul

Apr 24, 2018, 9:50:31 AM4/24/18
to tablefilter-swing
Dear Luis,

I am working with your component, and I have a small question.

Is there any way to change this behavior:

"The library provides specific feedback to signal that the current editor's contents hide all the table rows, by displaying the editors text with a specific color (warning color). With instant filtering, this warning is only set on the current editor, and implies that the filter is not applied unless the user specifically presses the Enter key or moves the focus away. This behaviour is helpful to avoid sudden vanishing of the table rows if the user enters some wrong character during the edition."

so that even if the filter does not return any row the table is updated anyway?

Thank you in advance,

Adrien

coderazzi

Jun 18, 2018, 8:36:51 AM6/18/18
to tablefilter-swing
Hi, Adrien, sorry for the late reply,

This would be easy to implement (it just to remove a condition). But
that condition was included because the behaviour otherwise looked
really bad -too much table modification-, and there was not even a
mention to have some flag to drive the new implementation. Are you
still interested on this?

Best,

Luis

Adrien Ledeul

Jun 19, 2018, 3:36:59 AM6/19/18
to tablefil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

Thank you for replying! Yes I understand your point, but many of our users reported it as a bug because they are not use to this behaviors for filers.

Yes it would be nice to have the possibility to choose the behavior!

Thanks again,

Adrien

coderazzi

Jun 20, 2018, 3:07:47 AM6/20/18
to tablefilter-swing
Hi, Adrien,

no problem, it is an easy update. Would you mind adding an
issue/suggestion in
https://bitbucket.org/coderazzi/tablefilter-swing/issues ?

Best,

Luis