FiltersHandler always an AND relationship?

Paul T

May 8, 2012, 2:19:03 PM5/8/12
to tablefilter-swing
In older versions, I was able to use .setTableFilter(TableFilter)
and .updateFilter() on the TableFilterHeader and dynamically change
how the column filters behaved. I used this to toggle between the
default AND and a custom OR TableFilter.

In the latest version, FiltersHandler extends AndFilter and there
doesn't seem to be anyway to change that behavior. I am wondering if
there is any current capability to allow the user to toggle between
AND and OR logic for all of the column filters in a table? i.e.
include all rows that match any of the column filters instead of rows
that match all of the column filters.

Thanks

coderazzi

May 9, 2012, 5:49:53 AM5/9/12
to tablefil...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Paul,

indeed that functionality was removed, to simplify the internal
implementation. At the moment, it didn't seem to me like a useful
feature, as the expected behavior was that each editor's filter was
exclusive.

That assumption is now used overall. For example, if the editor's
choices are autoadaptive, only the non excluded options are shown. In
the case of OR functionality, this would make no sense (i.e,
autoadaptive could not be enabled).

Best regards,

Lu.