Disable other column filtration when one column filtering

Helza Halim

May 31, 2016, 11:30:12 PM5/31/16
to tablefilter-swing
Hi Luis,

I'm trying to disable other column's filtration whenever one column is filtering. However, there's no column index/filter words I can get from those column since most of the class are private.
I can't even extend TableFilterHeader class.

Is there by any chance you might consider to public TableFilterHeader inner class (FilterColumnsControllerPanel) or create method that let user to get column index or filter-words ?

Or are there any propose- better way to allow me to disable other column filter editor as don't intend to allow user to filter more than 1 column?

Thank you in advance.

Helza

coderazzi

Jun 2, 2016, 6:07:31 PM6/2/16
to tablefilter-swing
Hi, Helza,

Obtaining the column index, or the current content' filter is directly
supported in the API; in TableFilterHeader, you have access to each
Filter (IFilterEditor), by invokir getFilterEditor.

And on the IFIlterEditor instance, you can get the current content by
calling getContent().

You could achieve what you want by adding Observers to each
IFilterEditor (call getFilter().addFilterObserver())
You enable / disabel other editors, you call to getFilter().setEnabled()

Now, all this functionality is reachable via the current API, so you
could use already to implement the behavior you asked. But as a user,
I would say that that behavior seems a bit strange to me. Your call,
anyway!!

Let me know if this answers your question or I misunderstood something,

Best,

Luis