Volunteer and support cycling in the Bronx!

Shawn Garcia

Sep 15, 2023, 1:41:06 PM9/15/23
to br...@transalt.org
TA Volunteers and Marshals,

Transportation Alternatives has two major Bronx cycling events we are supporting in the coming weeks we are looking for volunteer support on. Tour de Farms on Saturday, September 23rd, and Tour de Bronx on Sunday, October 22nd. We're expecting over 100 riders for Tour de Farms and over 4,000 cyclists to participate in Tour de Bronx and appreciate your support.

Volunteer Roles Needed
Marshals - route markers, advanced, roving, stationary marshals (cyclists) ensure the safety of riders (around 12 needed for the 23rd and 200+ needed for Tour de Bronx)
Mechanics - experienced bike repair technicians assist with minor bike issues
Volunteers - all other support help: includes greeters, wayfinding, set up, start and finish line festival support, bike valet help, photographers, etc.

For those interested in Marshalling we will be having a training/orientation for Tour de Farms this coming Monday, September 18th from 6-7:30 pm virtually. For those interested in Marshalling Tour de Bronx we will have a series of trainings scheduled throughout early October to support getting everyone orientated, dates to come.

If you can support either event, please reply back to this email so I can send you more specific details for each/both rides. We look forward to celebrating cycling in the Bronx and Uptown with you! Event details will be rolled out on an ongoing basis.

Thank you!

Tour De Farms.jpg

tourdebronx.png

--

Shawn Garcia (he/him)

Senior Organizer of Equity & Partnerships

Transportation Alternatives

m: (718) 757-5143

@TransAlt | @ShawnGarcia_NYC

TransAlt.org

Our mission is to reclaim New York City’s streets from the automobile and advocate for better walking, biking, and public transit for all New Yorkers. Donate or become a member today!

Sharon Behnke

Sep 15, 2023, 8:53:33 PM9/15/23
to Transportation Alternatives Bronx Activist Committee
I am interested in marshaling the Tour de Bronx.  Please put me down for that date; may also be able to help mark the route.

Sharon Behnke

Joelle Hamouche

Sep 15, 2023, 8:55:05 PM9/15/23
to ta-bronx-...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in helping out with the Tour de Bronx event. Please let me know how I can help.

Please Note: Transportation Alternatives is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan organization. This email and all content heretofore is strictly informational and educational and in no way should be considered an endorsement of any political candidate or political party. Any interpretation to the contrary is in opposite of the intent of the sender.

Groups "TA Bronx Committee" group.
For email management options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ta-bronx-committee?hl=en?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Transportation Alternatives Bronx Activist Committee" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ta-bronx-committee/CAEQGC1VF_hhZ9qus1R03S6O9z7wgjHH2tojg4%3D9z6S8YG3UmUQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Roy Smith

Chauncy Young

Kevin Daloia

Sep 23, 2023, 8:26:23 AM9/23/23
to ta-bronx-...@googlegroups.com
Please send out marshal registration so I can it out to previous years listings.

Kevin

to Transportation Alternatives Bronx Activist Committee
What's the status on volunteers?  I filled out the form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdC6yJRs4Nv6zp84Ik-vS-1eLQ332XuhW3USX783PQ2aQADTg/viewform several weeks ago and got no response.  I filled out another one just now.  Normally with these things, you get some kind of automated email saying they got your form, but haven't seen that with this.

<Tour De Farms.jpg>

Daniel Ranells

Oct 13, 2023, 12:45:28 PM10/13/23
to ta-bronx-...@googlegroups.com
Here is the form specifically for Volunteer Bike Marshalls - thank you all for your support!

Daniel