Open Streets Celebration & Rally next week Wednesday 📣 + Poster Making party @ TA Office tonight 🖌️

Juan Restrepo

Dec 7, 2023, 7:01:57 AM12/7/23
to Juan Restrepo
Hey TA community!

Happy Thursday. As we close out the year we have more events coming up :)

Open Streets Celebration & Rally
Next week we are hosting a celebration and rally with open streets organizers and allies from around the city to celebrate another year of Open Streets successes (permanent Berry Open Street, open culture bill passed city council, permanent open restaurants, 5th Avenue Holiday Street) and show why the city needs to make the program bigger and better in 2024.

Open Streets Rally (1).png

It will be at City Hall Park next Wednesday at 2pm, so we will need support from our community to make it well attended because its not an easy time for most to make it!

Poster Making Party @ TA Office
Later today there will be a sign-making party at the office of Transportation Alternatives this Thursday (12/7) from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. All hands are welcome to make posters that will spice up the rally :). RSVP here or email Emily (em...@openplans.org)

Hope you will be able to support us at one or both event. Thanks all!

--

Juan Restrepo

Director of Organizing

Transportation Alternatives

(347) 570-5835 (text & call)

t: @juaninqns | @transalt

w: transalt.org

Get involved locally in your borough!

Bronx & Upper Manhattan | Brooklyn | Manhattan | Queens | Staten Island

Our mission is to reclaim New York City's streets from the automobile and advocate for better walking, biking, and public transit for all New Yorkers. Donate or become a member by December 31 and your gift will be matched dollar for dollar up to $600,000 by a local foundation!