Important Updates

Jada Yeboah

Feb 29, 2024, 2:24:47 PMFeb 29
to Upper Manhattan Committee, Br...@transalt.org, ta-bronx-...@googlegroups.com, ta_upper_manhattan...@googlegroups.com
Dear TA Activist Committees,
       We are writing collectively as TA organizers to share sudden news of recent staffing changes. Earlier this week, management informed us that TA laid off Juan Restrepo, the Director of Organizing as well as two other staff members citing financial shortfalls. Juan has been notified and is proceeding with his travel plans and still plans to return to NYC in April.

Shawn Garcia was promoted from the interim role to the permanent Director of Advocacy position. His prior role as Senior Organizer for Equity and Strategic Partnerships was also eliminated. We are committed to continuing our work and advocacy with all of you. Our movement is about putting people first and it is extremely painful to lose colleagues in this way. Please reach out to us if you have questions or would like to talk.

 Sincerely, Organizers