Your 2024 Resolution: Learn the Basics to Community Activism 📣

Juan Restrepo

Jan 11, 2024, 6:46:40 PMJan 11
to Juan Restrepo, Transportation Alternatives Manhattan Activist Committee, ta-bronx-...@googlegroups.com, TransAlt North Brooklyn, transaltbrooklyn, TA Queens, Transportation Alternatives Eastern Queens Committee, TAState...@googlegroups.com
Hello TA Committees Universe!

Want to give you a heads up and invitation for our next popular Your City Your Voice activist training session. The TA Advocacy team is excited to announce that our next session will be an all-day deep dive at the TA office on Sunday, January 28th. This is the RSVP link to sign up for the session and get on our list. We expect it to fill up soon since the meeting will be in person and we have more limited space to host people, so sign up as you as you can, and please share with others who would be interested.

Including the email language we will send the wider network below, to add more context for the training. Thanks all, send me any questions you have and hope to see you soon!

- Juan
---

A new year allows us to reflect on how we wish to improve ourselves for the year to come. Take that inspiration and make 2024 the year you fight for your causes effectively.

We know the issues we fight for are essential, but without trained leaders ready to organize, we won't influence New York City’s political decision makers. At Transportation Alternatives, we want to teach you how to turn your energy and ideas from good policy into good politics. We want to teach you how to win.

Join us for the Your City Your Voice Introductory Series, our comprehensive and free introduction to activism! This series was developed by Transportation Alternatives’ renowned team of community organizers. Here you will learn the basics of effective organizing and activism, and get case studies of how they were used to win countless campaigns to reshape New York City’s streets for the better.

This training is a day-long, in-person seminar at the Transportation Alternatives office. You will learn key concepts in activism from our advocacy team: how to plan a campaign, be an effective public speaker, use social media to amplify your message, build effective coalitions, and convince your elected officials to support your work. There will be lunch on TA and breaks throughout the day, providing plenty of opportunities to connect with other activists from across the city and TA’s advocacy team.

The series is universal not only to transportation advocacy but other important issue areas such as housing, education, and more! Please feel free to share this with anyone in your network who is engaging in work to better our city.

image.png

Thank you as always for your support in our cause. Now, let us help you gain the skills to become a leader for social change.

—The TA Advocacy Team

P.S. We hope our introductory series will leave you satisfied but eager to learn more. Later in the year, we will start our intermediate and advanced series of weekly trainings, where we will go further in-depth into specific organizing and leadership skills. You can sign up to learn more using the interest form on our website’s training page and will get a heads up when it is happening.

--

Juan Restrepo

Director of Organizing

Transportation Alternatives

(347) 570-5835 (text & call)

t: @juaninqns | @transalt

w: transalt.org

Get involved locally in your borough!

Bronx & Upper Manhattan | Brooklyn | Manhattan | Queens | Staten Island

Our mission is to reclaim New York City's streets from the automobile and advocate for better walking, biking, and public transit for all New Yorkers. Donate or become a member by December 31 and your gift will be matched dollar for dollar up to $600,000 by a local foundation!