Agile Yorkshire, April 12th

Robert Burrell Donkin

Apr 2, 2011, 7:11:36 AM4/2/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com
AIUI in April, the systems thinking sheffield meeting will feature a
cross-over with Agile Yorkshire. It was scheduled early in the month
but has now been pushed back. (Hopefully someone will jump in with the
current date.)

For the Agile Yorkshire meeting on the 12th, Mark van Harmelen [1] and
I [2] will now be hosting an evening on retrospectives at OBH [2]
(Leeds). Retrospectives are a cross-over topic (a tool adopted and
advocated by Agile developers but with roots older and branches
broader than the Agile movement), and so I hope might be of interest
to some in this group.

In particular, I'd like to highlight

1. Between 6:00 and 7:00 (complementing the usual networking and
drinks), slots are available for 5 minutes lightning talks (plus 5
minutes Q+A and tear down). It'd be great to hear from people in this
community. There are no restrictions on topic. (If lightning talks
work, then it might become a regular feature at Agile Yorkshire.)

2. For around 30 minutes, we plan to break off an expert group to
share their experiences using park bench format (whilst we run a
session on 'Your First Retrospective' in the main area). I thought
this group might be of particular interest to anyone who wonders how
Retrospectives are used in practice (as opposed to theory) in the
Agile development community.

Robert

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-van-harmelen/2/14/13
[2] http://uk.linkedin.com/in/robertburrelldonkin