[ANN] Systems Thinking Sheffield 5: High Speed Rail - Thurs, Feb 23rd

Ash Moran

Feb 15, 2012, 7:03:40 AM2/15/12
to systhi...@googlegroups.com, gee...@googlegroups.com, scio-memb...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

Systems Thinking Sheffield is still going! The fifth meeting will be at 7.00pm on Thursday, Feb 23rd (next Thursday) in the GIST Lab.

=== Synopsis
This month’s topic is High Speed Rail. We’ll have three parts to the session:

• Presentation on the history, structure and operation of high speed rail
• General question and answer session
• Discussion on the (highly contentious) topic of HS2 in the UK

High speed rail is interesting from a systems point of view from many angles, as the infrastructure, technology and politics have a long history on both sides of the Channel.

The session will be run by Katie Fenn, an amateur rail enthusiast. The discussion is open to anyone, regardless of experience of the rail system.
===

More details on the website: http://www.systhinksheff.org.uk/meetings/systhinksheff-5/
Free tickets here: http://systhinksheffield1202.eventbrite.co.uk/

Cheers
Ash

PS As I'm now living in Manchester, I'm actively looking for contributors to and possibly a part time organiser of this group. Please let me know if you have any ideas!

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashmoran