Great Insiders (
) is running a Systems Thinking Summit (
) on 8-9 October in Cardiff
- Dr Bill Bellows - Associate Fellow of the in2in Network of Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne, W Edwards Deming Institute board member, serving on the editorial board of the Lean Management Journal. The ultimate systems thinker – and now you can tell your friends it is rocket science!
- Prof Dave Snowden - founder and chief scientific officer of Cognitive Edge. Visiting Fellowship/Chair at the Universities of Pretoria and Hong Kong Polytechnic University, University of Warwick, the Institute of Defense and Strategic Studies at Nanyang University and the Civil Service College in Singapore. A serious brain, a great sense of humour, wonderful story-teller – and Welsh genes!
- Dr Emma Langman – co-founder of Great Insiders; Change Magician at Progression Partnership. Visiting Fellow in Systems Engineering and Systems Learning and Leadership at the University of Bristol. Witty, practical – and free of jargon and artificial colourings!
- Dave Gaster – Author of ‘Quality or Politics’ and ‘Visualising Transformation’. Decades of experience in ‘Doing More for Less’ and frequent director of Change / Highways and other Local Government services. Passionate about the Public Sector – without bashing the private sector; dertermined pragmatist.
- Geoff Hunt - Director of Konceptika Consulting – and a systems thinker with decades’ experience in a number of sectors (including Secret Squirrel stuff). A master of all things Soft Systems. Entertaining presenter who turns what can seem a very ‘dry’ subject into useful ideas to take away and use.
- Julian Simcox – Statistician turned Systems Thinker with a particular interest in Psychology and Variation lenses. Currently working with GP Commissioning Groups through the changes to the NHS. Even if you think you hate Maths, you’ll see pictures where you once saw numbers with Julian!
- Ian Roderick - Director at The Schumacher Institute for Sustainable Systems; Trustee at ‘The Converging World’ and membor of the Advisory Group at Low Carbon South West. If you thought ‘Systems’ meant Lean – prepare for a mind-widening time with Ian’s take on Systems Thinking!
There are all sorts of discounting options on tickets for students, members of different systems thinking groups and early bird registration.
It looks like its going to be a great couple of days