[ANN] Systems Thinking Sheffield: Why Won't My Car Start? - Thurs, Feb 24th

Ashley Moran

Feb 17, 2011, 8:01:36 AM2/17/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com, gee...@googlegroups.com, agi...@googlegroups.com, scio-memb...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

The second Systems Thinking Sheffield will be at 6.30pm on Thursday, February 24th (next Thurs) in the GIST Lab.

=== Synopsis
Ashley Moran will be running an interactive session exploring cause-and-effect logic in systems. Starting with models of simple systems, we will then look at how cause-and-effect reasoning can be used to tackle complex problems in human organisations.

The session will introduce the Current Reality Tree (CRT) thinking tool from the Theory of Constraints body of knowledge. The CRT helps you decompose complex business situations into small, simple steps, and then identify the root causes of business problems. This enables you to tackle the real issues in your organisation and not just treat the symptoms.
===

More details on the website: http://www.systhinksheff.org.uk/meetings/systhinksheff-2/
Free tickets here: http://gistsysthink1102.eventbrite.com/

Cheers