[ANN] Systems Thinking Sheffield: Kanban (play getKanban) - Tues, Dec 6th

Ash Moran

Dec 4, 2011, 1:22:06 PM12/4/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com, gee...@googlegroups.com, agi...@googlegroups.com, scio-memb...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

After a bit of a quiet spell, the fourth Systems Thinking Sheffield will be at 7.00pm on Tuesday, Dec 6th (this Tuesday) in the GIST Lab.

=== Synopsis
This month, we’ll be learning about kanban systems in product development by playing the getKanban board game.

http://www.getkanban.com/BoardGame

Kanban evolved first in Toyota for scheduling production. It has since been adopted at other companies and adapted to work in product development. In software, the Kanban methodology is becoming a popular way to manage the development process.

Kanban as used in software is interesting from a systems thinking perspective in many ways: …
===

More details on the website: http://www.systhinksheff.org.uk/meetings/systhinksheff-4/
Free tickets here: http://systhink1112.eventbrite.co.uk/

Cheers
Ash

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashmoran

Robert Burrell Donkin

Dec 6, 2011, 3:17:22 AM12/6/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Ash Moran <ash....@patchspace.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> After a bit of a quiet spell, the fourth Systems Thinking Sheffield will be at 7.00pm on Tuesday, Dec 6th (this Tuesday) in the GIST Lab.

Anyone want to meet up somewhere a little earlier before the event starts?

Robert

Ash Moran

Dec 6, 2011, 9:41:48 AM12/6/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com

On 6 Dec 2011, at 08:17, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> Anyone want to meet up somewhere a little earlier before the event starts?

I will be in the Showroom by 5.45pm if anyone wants to meet there first

Robert Burrell Donkin

Dec 6, 2011, 10:48:30 AM12/6/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Ash Moran <ash....@patchspace.co.uk> wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2011, at 08:17, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
>> Anyone want to meet up somewhere a little earlier before the event starts?
>
> I will be in the Showroom by 5.45pm if anyone wants to meet there first

Not sure when I'll hit Sheffield. I'll tweet.

Robert

Robert Burrell Donkin

Dec 6, 2011, 3:21:34 PM12/6/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com

Snowing hard up here as I started to set out. Hope the meeting went well.

Robert

Ash Moran

Dec 10, 2011, 6:16:30 AM12/10/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com

On 6 Dec 2011, at 20:21, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> Snowing hard up here as I started to set out. Hope the meeting went well.

Thanks, it went well! It ran late though (to about 9.15 I think), so you would probably have had to miss some to get a train back.

I don't know how many of the attendees are on this list as it wasn't the usual crowd.

Cheers

Robert Burrell Donkin

Dec 12, 2011, 4:03:49 PM12/12/11
to systhi...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Ash Moran <ash....@patchspace.co.uk> wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2011, at 20:21, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
>> Snowing hard up here as I started to set out. Hope the meeting went well.
>
> Thanks, it went well! It ran late though (to about 9.15 I think), so you would probably have had to miss some to get a train back.
>
> I don't know how many of the attendees are on this list as it wasn't the usual crowd.

Submissions for SPA2012[1] (BCS Software Practice Advancement) are
still open. They are keen on helping people new to the agile
conference circuit and prefer hands on sessions. Maybe an opportunity
for some interesting cross-overs...

Robert

[1 ]http://www.spaconference.org/spa2012/lead-a-session.html