Georgia Tech/Emory NIH/NIBIB Computational Neural Engineering Training Program -- Apply Now!

Shappell, Erin E

Nov 3, 2022, 4:31:35 AM11/3/22
to systems-ne...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon!

Georgia Tech/Emory invite you to apply to become a Fellow in our NIH/NIBIB Computational Neural Engineering Training Program (CNTP)! Fellows receive full stipend and tuition for two years to support rotations and foster cross-disciplinary collaborative training. The CNTP aims to train the next generation of researchers at the intersection of computational neuroscience, neural engineering, data science, and clinical neurophysiology.

Central to our mission is our core belief that just as the diversity among cells, circuits, and networks is critical for navigating a complex and ever-changing world, diversity in the background, experiences, and expertise among our team members is key to understanding and interacting with the brain. The CNTP seeks diversity in the recruiting of our fellows, scholars, and training faculty, equity among the members of our diverse team, and to create an inclusive community where everyone feels welcome and heard.

Training components include new coursework (“Clinical Experience for Engineers”), seminars, innovation forums, professional development meetings, and community retreats. Overall, the CNTP creates novel opportunities to gain experience in science, engineering and clinical domains, resulting in an exceptional and unique training experience. More information on the CNTP is here: https://cntp.bme.gatech.edu/.

Fellow applications are solicited from admitted applicants to one of the four participating PhD programs linked below (PhD in BME, ECE, Bioe or ML). Fellows must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. If you are interested in joining the CNTP, you must first apply to one of those programs. Deadlines vary, beginning December 1, 2022. Detailed application instructions: https://cntp.bme.gatech.edu/how-to-apply/.

Please contact Dr. Rozell at cro...@gatech.edu with any questions.

Graduate program application assistance
Current CNTP trainees are offering graduate application assistance to provide feedback on essays and give guidance on potentially relevant faculty. You can request assistance by filling out the form below before November 22, 2022:
Participating PhD programs
PhD in Biomedical Engineering at GT/Emory (due 12/1/2022)
PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering at GT (due 12/16/2022)
PhD in Bioengineering at GT with BME or ECE home school (deadline is from home school)
PhD in Machine Learning at GT with BME or ECE home school (deadline is from home school)

---
Erin Shappell
Doctoral Student at Georgia Institute of Technology
Lu Microfluidics and Neurogenetics Lab
Parker H Petit Institute for Bioengineering & Bioscience
NIH/NIBIB Neural Engineering Training Fellow
---