PhD or Postdoc positions at Numa Dancause laboratory, Université de Montréal

Ulises Vargas

Jul 13, 2024, 5:24:53 AM (3 days ago) Jul 13
to Systems Neuroscience
Two PhD or Postdoctoral fellow positions in the fields of Neuroprosthetics and Non-invasive brain stimulation after stroke are available in the laboratory of Dr. Numa Dancause, Department of Neurosciences at Université de Montréal.

Our group investigates the mechanisms underlying movement control, neural plasticity involved in motor recovery post-brain injury, and the effects of neuromodulation techniques such as repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) on the brain. We employ rodent and macaque monkey models, and benefit from collaborations with human-focused research groups through our Canadian platform (Can-Stim).

In project one the candidate will develop a flexible neuroprosthesis for the motor cortex capable of supporting the production of complex movements. This project is part of a multidisciplinary collaborative effort with the labs of Benoit Gosselin (Université Laval), Guillaume Lajoie (UdeM) and Marco Bonizzato (Polytechnique). It integrates the use of machine-learning approaches to optimize neurostimulation, automation of behavioral data collection and wireless stimulation, and electrophysiological data recording technologies.

In project two the candidate will investigate the effects of rTMS in macaque stroke models, integrating neural and electromyographic recordings while employing an exoskeleton interface, the KINARM.

Full details of the positions are attached.

Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their research interests and career goals, a detailed CV, academic transcripts, and contact information for two references to Numa.D...@umontreal.ca

Applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled.
PhD-Position-in-effects-of-rTMS-after-stroke.pdf
PhD-Position-in-Neuroprosthetics.pdf