[Call for Participants] 1st International Whole Brain Architecture Workshop (Online, July 16 Evening JST)

山川宏

Jul 13, 2024, 5:25:25 AM (3 days ago) Jul 13
to systems-ne...@googlegroups.com
Dear Everyone,

Hiroshi Yamakawa,
Chairperson of the Whole Brain Architecture Initiative (WBAI), Japan.

I'm pleased to announce that we will host the "1st International Whole Brain Architecture Workshop" as detailed below.

This workshop is a key activity in WBAI's efforts to develop human-like artificial intelligence. Specifically, we aim to share and utilize standardized Brain Reference Architecture (BRA) data and related data papers as design specifications for human-like AI. This workshop marks the first of its kind.

Brain-inspired AI systems with architectures similar to the human brain provide intrinsic high interpretability and human compatibility. This approach could effectively bridge the gap to more advanced artificial intelligence (AGI) This event will bring together researchers and experts from a wide range of disciplines, including neuroscience, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence, to understand and emulate the computational capabilities of the brain, and to share and leverage such data We look forward to serving as a catalyst.

We cordially invite you to participate in this exciting event.

Details:
Date & Time: Tuesday, July 16, 2024, 18:00-21:03 JST
Format: Online (via Zoom)
Language: English
Participation Fee: Free

Program Highlights:
- Keynote Lecture: Prof. Kenji Doya (Okinawa Institute of Science and
Technology)
 "Digital Brain Project of Brain/MINDS 2.0"
- Oral Presentation Session (4 presentations)
- Tutorial on BRA data construction

To register, please fill out the form at the following link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfIqbu1oGUP6LE6ON0tHRDpFWUHmViz7-Gjcn8RDyG701e-Jg/viewform

Registered participants will receive Zoom meeting information (URL)
the day before and on the day of the event.

Organizers:
Organizer: The Whole Brain Architecture Initiative
Supported by Transformative Research Areas (A) Biology of Behavior Change
Operation: WBA Study Group Executive Committee
Program Chair: Yoshimasa Tawatsuji
Executive Chair: Hiroshi Yamakawa

For more information, please visit: https://wba-initiative.org/en/24158/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at:
bra-s...@wba-initiative.org

We look forward to your participation!

Best regards,
Hiroshi Yamakawa
Whole Brain Architecture Initiative (WBAI)