Invitation to the International Workshop on Active Inference (IWAI) 2024

Riddhi Jain

Jul 5, 2024, 8:35:00 AM (11 days ago) Jul 5
to systems-ne...@googlegroups.com

To whom this may concern,

I am writing to extend an invitation to an upcoming conference that may be of interest to your community.

The International Workshop on Active Inference (IWAI) 2024 will be held in Oxford, UK, from 9th to 11th September 2024. Active inference is a framework used in neuroscience and artificial intelligence that models how agents (such as humans or robots) act in the world to minimise uncertainty about their environment.

IWAI 2024 continues its tradition of fostering discussions and collaborations among researchers from diverse disciplines, including neuroscience, mathematics, machine learning, robotics, psychology, medicine, and biology. The workshop is dedicated to exploring the vast landscape of active inference, encompassing theoretical foundations, simulations, empirical data analysis, and computational developments.

The conference will commence with two tutorials on active inference, followed by a comprehensive programme that serves as a platform for knowledge exchange and networking opportunities. This year, we anticipate a large turnout with notable in-person participation from Prof. Karl Friston, a leading figure in the field.

You can register for the event and view the programme outline on our website: https://iwaiworkshop.github.io.

In response to popular demand, we are now accepting "Late Breaking Results" submissions, which are research findings that have emerged recently. Submissions are due by 25th August (preferably sooner). Accepted submissions will be presented as posters at the conference and will undergo prompt review, similar to our "Extended Abstract" submissions. Please email your submissions to one of our Programme Chairs, Prof. Martijn Wisse, at M.W...@tudelft.nl. Acceptance decisions will be made on a rolling basis and communicated via email.

Important Dates:

- Extended Abstract/Paper Submission Deadline: 7th June 2024

- Acceptance Notification for the Main Round: 14th July 2024

- Late Breaking Results Deadline: 25th August 2024

- Acceptance Notification for the Late Breaking Results: Rolling basis after submission

- Camera Ready Submission Deadline: 2nd September 2024

- Registration Deadline: 2nd September 2024

- Workshop Date: 9th-11th September 2024

For further information on the conference, please visit our website: https://iwaiworkshop.github.io. We look forward to welcoming you to the conference! If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to me at riddh...@psy.ox.ac.uk.

Thank you for your attention, and we hope to see members of your department at IWAI 2024.

with best wishes,

Riddhi Jain

IWAI Organising Committee

DPhil Student