should I use 'System' or 'SystemJS' global?

amit.p...@gmail.com

May 15, 2016, 6:12:41 AM5/15/16
to SystemJS
I understand that those are equivalent, but I saw examples using both.

Which one is the preferred symbol?

Guy Bedford

May 15, 2016, 8:53:05 AM5/15/16
to amit.p...@gmail.com, SystemJS
SystemJS is the global that is being encouraged most recently, because the System global is being implemented in browsers for various features (there is already a System.global independent specification) so we won't be replacing the global System in future.

The change to encouraging SystemJS as the namespace is about forwards compatibility with new standards.