2nd Systems World of A. Bogdanov Conference 9-10 December

Örsan Şenalp

Dec 9, 2021, 7:50:52 AM12/9/21
to syss...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Tomorrow, 10 December 2021, at 12 am Moscow time (9 am GMT) renowned theoretical physicist Carlo Rovelli will be giving the lecture entitled 'Bogdanov's philosophical dispute with Lenin and its relevance for modern science contemporary politics' as part of the 2nd Systems World of Alexander Bogdanov conference hosted by the Moscow Financial University and co-organised by Centre for Systems Studies, University of Hull.

In today's session Mike C. Jackson delivered a keynote speech with the title 'Pragmatism, and the Future of Systems Thinking and Cybernetics'.

My own contribution, where I will be talking about how Systems Paradigm and Philosophy of Science emerged as rival-alternative meta-science (or approaches to unified science) and how would Bogdanov's story help us to reconstruct the entire history of late-modern science, is scheduled before Rovelli's lecture at 11.30. The title of my talk is 'The Early Unity of Science Debate as the Common Source of Tektology and the Systems Approaches – A Boundary Critique'.

The conference is conducted in Russian and English (with simultaneous interpretation) and the video recordings will be made available after the conference.

Best wishes,
Orsan