Fwd: Sys Sci MINI SYMPOSIA STARTS TODAY!

1 view

James Martin

Sep 3, 2022, 7:30:53 AM9/3/22
to SSWG
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Roelien Goede <nor...@isss.org>
Date: Sat, Sep 3, 2022 at 2:49 AM
Subject:  MINI SYMPOSIA STARTS TODAY!
To: <mart...@gmail.com>

MINI SYMPOSIA STARTS TODAY!
From the newsletter:
Towards a unifying framework
Last year, the mini-symposia focussed on the application of systems science in making sense of the global problematique. The collection of videos of these valuable insights is available on ISSS.org.
During these general discussions, the need for a better understanding of the different systems traditions was often evident. Each participant was an expert in a particular systems’ perspective, and we are at risk of sacrificing that what is most valuable in our discipline: sincere appreciation of the different perspectives. This is necessary to achieve our objective of developing a unified framework for the systems discipline.
You are invited to join us on a journey to rediscover and appreciate the richness of our discipline. Grouped in monthly themes, we will explore traditional and emerging systems perspectives, together with a reflection on their interrelatedness. Every fourth week, the session will be dedicated to intuitive reflection on connections between the perspectives discussed during the month. I hope to create a rich library of material to be used by everyone entering the discipline or wishing to widen their own systems perspective.
Based on our experience over the past year, we have decided not to repeat the session each week, but rather to alternate, monthly, between the two time slots previously used. This means that in September, there will be weekly sessions at 7 AM Pacific Daylight Time without any repeat, and in October the sessions will be on Wednesdays at 7am in the Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney) without repeat. November will be on Saturdays, followed by December on Wednesdays, and so on. Sessions will be announced in the Calendar on ISSS.org and will be posted on the website shortly after they have been held.
The first session, on 3rd. September, will be open to both members and non-members. It will provide more information on this year’s sessions, and will clarify our terms of reference. The rest of the month will be used to explore different perspectives on the basic concepts of the systems discipline.
Please join today - the link is:
Intro to 2022-2023: Explore traditional and emerging systems perspectives
Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 912 6288 6019
Passcode: 824282
San Francisco 07:00