Fwd: [Complex Systems Working Group Announcements] CSWG Session at the INCOSE IW 2021

James Martin

Jan 29, 2021, 11:00:43 PM1/29/21
to SSWG
fyi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Watson, Michael D. (MSFC-ED04) <michael....@nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 2:19 PM
Subject: [Complex Systems Working Group Announcements] CSWG Session at the INCOSE IW 2021
To: cxswg-a...@incose.org <cxswg-a...@incose.org>

Hi,

We have several session planned for the IW this year.  I hope you can join us. We have several session working on complex systems topics, several joint sessions with other WGs, and the attached flyer also identifies the Systems Engineering Principles and Heuristics sessions which may also be of interest (particularly in context of our session Complex Systems Heuristics).  Looking forward to interacting with everyone in the virtual IW this year!

Fri, 29 Jan: 21:00-23:00 GMT+01

Open/Working session

The Kick off session provides a review of the Complex Systems Working Group (CSWG) activities and the CSWG agenda for the INCOSE IW 2021. Updates to ‘A Complexity Primer for Systems Engineers’ to incorporate complex systems characterisitcs and a definition of complex cystems will be reviewed.

login: IW20...@conflr.com
password: INCOSEiw2021

https://incose-org.zoom.us/signin

https://incose-org.zoom.us/j/93817728210?pwd=QmdjM09MeHpjZ1pyanpjWEs1TDVvUT09

Sat, 30 Jan: 10:00-12:00 GMT+01

Open/Working session

The CSWG has been working to define more succintly the terms complexity and complex systems. This session will review and discuss the work done by the CSWG on these definitions.

login: IS20...@incose.org
password: INCOSEiw2021

https://incose-org.zoom.us/signin

https://incose-org.zoom.us/j/93630742398?pwd=c1d4S3R3cHRxMXRUazIxMCtLQ2JOdz09

Sat, 30 Jan: 13:00-15:00 GMT+01

Open/Working session

Heuristics born from experience is a starting point to define fundamentals contained in principles. An open discussoin from INCOSE members work on complex systems will be engaged as we explore potential heuristics of complex systems.

login: IS20...@incose.org
password: INCOSEiw2021

https://incose-org.zoom.us/signin

https://incose-org.zoom.us/j/91438565381?pwd=N0FOekZTLzhqblN1SzBvcDRzMU9zUT09

Sat, 30 Jan: 19:00-21:00 GMT+01

Open/Working session

Managing complexity is currently a nebulous topic, one that has been difficult to identify approaches and methodologies which can be applied in practice. This session will explore methodology and approaches in managing complexity in systems engineering. The session will seek to frame future activities and participants in Managing Complexity.

login: IW20...@conflr.com
password: INCOSEiw2021

https://incose-org.zoom.us/signin

https://incose-org.zoom.us/j/95583350228?pwd=Qlo4RVRSUUNRaDA2NmhYbE1Vc2ltUT09

Joint Sessions

AI and Ethics

Sun 31, Jan 14:00-15:00 CET
This is a joint session between the AI WG, Complex Systems WG and the Social Systems WG. We will have a short presentation on the basics of AI & Ethics and then open it up for discussion.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88246270891?pwd=cXFCcnVYZ2I2VU42Wm5hR0F2WXpFUT09

Sun, 31 Jan: 21:00-22:30 GMT+01

Open/Working session

Participatory workshop on emergence from natural and complex systems perspectives. There will be breakout sessions to explore the topic and the group will decide what sort of product should be generated.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81921940747?pwd=eWR1bllsOEp3SzNyWldsZWEvYUtsZz09

Mon, 1 Feb: 17:00-19:00 GMT+01

Working meeting to share progress to-date on the Systems-of-Systems and Complexity project

The project was initiated at IW 2020 between the SOS and Complexity working groups.

The objective of the project is to investigate the application of the complexity taxonomy and approaches to address SOS complexity. with the intent of developing some practical approaches for SOS.

This meeting will be followed by a Workshop on Tuesday 2nd February at 1700-1900 CET.

Tue, 2 Feb: 17:00-19:00 GMT+01

The aim of this workshop is to make progress on the joint project between SOSWG and Complex Systems WG that seeks to investigate the application of the complexity taxonomy and approaches to address SOS complexity. with the intent of developing some practical approaches for SOS

Thanks,

Michael D. Watson, Ph.D.,

Technical Advisor

Advanced Concepts Office (ACO)

MS ED04

NASA Marshall Space Flight Center

Huntsville, AL  35812

(256)544-3186,  Office

(256)653-1564, Cell

<>< Saved by Grace

--
James
SE Principles and Heurstics - IW21 Flyer1.docx