Differential Propositional Calculus • Discussion

Jon Awbrey

Dec 3, 2023, 9:00:29 AM12/3/23
to Conceptual Graphs, Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Differential Propositional Calculus • Discussion 7
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2023/12/02/differential-propositional-calculus-discussion-7/

Re: Differential Propositional Calculus • Discussion 1
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2020/03/12/differential-propositional-calculus-discussion-1/

All,

Reinaldo Cristo asks what I think of the following thesis:

❝We can say that emptiness came first, as it is the basis of the
invention of mathematics, our perception, and numerical base 2.
Do you agree or disagree?❞

I reply as follows:

A great many things in life and mathematics are built up through
the persistent application of the most elementary steps to the
humblest of beginnings.

So there may be something to that.

Regards,

Jon

cc: https://www.academia.edu/community/leKpQV

Jon Awbrey

Dec 30, 2023, 12:40:19 PM12/30/23
to Conceptual Graphs, Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Differential Propositional Calculus • Discussion 8
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2023/12/30/differential-propositional-calculus-discussion-8/

Re: Differential Propositional Calculus • 33
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2023/12/27/differential-propositional-calculus-33/

Re: Laws of Form • Lyle Anderson
https://groups.io/g/lawsofform/message/2797

LA: ❝Some of your diagrams, specifically Figure 16. A Couple of
Fourth Gear Orbits, are beginning to look like Heim's sketches
for the structure of the photon. […] I can't quite see the
connection, yet, but maybe you can.❞

Lyle,

There is a curious analogy between the primitive operations
which lie at the basis of logical graphs and basic themes of
quantum mechanics, for example, the evaluation of a minimal
negation operator proceeds in a manner reminiscent of the
way a wave function collapses. That's something I noticed
early on in my work on logical graphs but I haven't got much
further than the mere notice as yet.

I confess I've never gotten around to tackling Heim's work — Peirce
and Spencer Brown have loaded more than enough on my plate for any
one lifetime — I do see lots of partial derivatives so maybe there's
a connection there — if I had to guess I would imagine any structure
generated by a differential law as simple as what we have here is
bound to find itself inhabiting all sorts of mathematical niches.

Regards,

Jon

Resources —

Differential Logic and Dynamic Systems
https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Part_2

Differential Logic • Drives and Their Vicissitudes
https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Part_2#Drives

cc: https://www.academia.edu/community/Lmv8Pl
Differential Logic • Fourth Gear Orbits.png

Jon Awbrey

Jan 22, 2024, 10:20:45 AMJan 22
to Conceptual Graphs, Cybernetic Communications, Laws of Form, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Differential Propositional Calculus • Discussion 9
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2024/01/21/differential-propositional-calculus-discussion-9/

❝Consider what effects that might conceivably have
practical bearings you conceive the objects of your
conception to have. Then, your conception of those
effects is the whole of your conception of the object.❞

— C.S. Peirce • The Maxim of Pragmatism

Re: Facebook Discussion
https://www.facebook.com/JonnyCache/posts/pfbid022WSZBCe85n6KZ35ZumgABL3SgDgotwgT9RYiLxiYwAizJjQNeLyAUWyCSMzKP12fl

Re: Tim Browning

https://www.facebook.com/JonnyCache/posts/pfbid0shLb5x7y9j7CuPSorRMXVBjXiaqEKnR7bb37uN9xxFfVnsEVhcjXPcPtXi97hJNyl?comment_id=1321064655185834

Tim Browning wrote:
Makes me wonder if all that is the case, i.e. the universe, is
the existence of objects (materialism) or information (idealism).

“Objects of your conception” seems to imply a transcendent perspective
that can distinguish between concept and object. Am I overthinking this?
[end quote]

Hi Tim,

It helps to read “object” in a fuller sense than we often do in billiard‑ball philosophies, as a lot gets lost in the
translation from the Greek “pragma” from which pragmatism naturally takes it cue. For a sample of that fuller sense see
the following lexicon entry.

πρᾶγμα • Liddell, H.G., and Scott, R. (1925), A Greek-English Lexicon (1940 edition)
https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057%3Aentry%3Dpra%3Dgma

Perseus Digital Library
https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/

Resources —

Pragmatic Maxim
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2008/08/07/pragmatic-maxim/

Differential Logic and Dynamic Systems
https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Part_3

Differential Logic • Analytic Expansions
https://oeis.org/wiki/Differential_Logic_and_Dynamic_Systems_%E2%80%A2_Part_3#Analytic_Expansions

Regards,

Jon

cc: https://www.academia.edu/community/V3zqZ5