Creating an object node that is an instance of a block part property

Mark Elson

Jun 11, 2024, 9:42:19 AMJun 11
to SysML Forum
If I have a block called Whole with a part property typed by a block called Part, I can create an object instance typed by a Whole.

However, in the tool I am using, the created object instance has a part property (of type Part) rather than a (nested) object instance (of type Part) itself. My question is whether the tool behaviour is correct SysML?

The SysML spec (1.6) 8.3.2.4 states " A part property holds instances that belong to a larger whole" so I think a nested object instance should be created. Then I could then create an object flow between that and an action pin of Part Type.

Alternatively, if the tool is correct to create a Property, would it then be correct SysML to create an object flow between that and an action pin. (The tool does lets me do that but it seems wrong as a Property is not an Object Node (AFAICT)).

Thank you, Mark