SysML and Functional Safety (ISO 26262)

Vijayanandh Velayutham

Apr 8, 2021, 2:22:17 AM4/8/21
to SysML Forum
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I've seen this group is much helpful.

I'm pretty sure SysML is widely used for developing architectures/models for FuSa. I've below questions if someone could clarify, that would be great.

1) Has anyone in this forum used Rhapsody for developing System Architecture for FuSa? 2) What are the key points that one should be aware of while developing the model for FuSa?
3) Have you used stereotype to specify the ASIL levels for each blocks?
4) Is there a good example or reference available?
5) My scope is to develop a SysML Model (BDD, IBD) for an FuSa product and use Medini for Safety Analyses.

Thanks in advance,
~Vijay

Eran Peleg

Apr 9, 2021, 3:27:58 AM4/9/21
to sysml...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vijay

I have an extensive experience with Rhapsody including profiling of specific languages (DSL) for defense RT systems.

Have fun with MBSE for FuSa with DSL

Eran

===================

Eran Peleg, CEO

Metaphor Vision Ltd.

www.metaphor.co.il

+972545346060

epe...@metaphor.co.il

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SysML Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sysmlforum/2c31e70f-748b-43fe-9a83-4e3577170209n%40googlegroups.com.

Wolfgang Schlicker

Apr 9, 2021, 3:33:11 AM4/9/21
to SysML Forum

Hi Vijay,

have a look at the ITEA SAFE project. You can use some concepts from there. https://itea3.org/project/safe.html

Or create your own enum type "ASILLevel" with appropriate ASIL values and add them to a <<Functional Block>> type as a property. The Functional Block is a stereotype and can be derived from a SysML Block in your own FuSa Profile.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

gashu...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2021, 3:33:30 AM4/9/21
to SysML Forum
Vijay,

GoTo <https://www.bruce-douglass.com/>.  I suggest you're likely to find material relevant to your need.

Geoff

Shames, Peter M (US 312B)

Apr 9, 2021, 3:33:43 AM4/9/21
to vijay...@gmail.com, sysml...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vijay,

This paper and presentation on using SysML to model systems and interfaces, down to a low level of detail may prove to be of use to you.  OTOH, it may get too far down in the weeds to be of use for this purpose.  We used Magic Draw to develop the examples, but the overall approach to systems decomposition, interface specification, and protocol and data structure modeling should work in any SysML tool.

Regards, Peter

From: SysML Forum <sysml...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Vijayanandh Velayutham <vijay...@gmail.com>

Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 11:22 PM
To: SysML Forum <sysml...@googlegroups.com>

--

A Representative Application of a Layered Interface Modeling 2016-07-11.pdf
INCOSE_IS_2016_interface_ports_96.pdf

jonn sprakes

Apr 10, 2021, 12:56:23 PM4/10/21
to sysml...@googlegroups.com, vijay...@gmail.com
 Vijay,

I’d have a look this paper in the link,  it will maybe give you few ideas as well.

I use No Magic and they have a specific add-in for ISO 26262 which is great for HARA etc.

Hope this helps

Jon

On 9 Apr 2021, at 12:33 am, 'Shames, Peter M (US 312B)' via SysML Forum <sysml...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

A Representative Application of a Layered Interface Modeling 2016-07-11.pdf
INCOSE_IS_2016_interface_ports_96.pdf

gashu...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2021, 12:58:03 PM4/10/21
to SysML Forum
Vijay,

Are you aware there is an OMG profile supporting 26262?  Risk Analysis and Assessment Modeling Language

Dr. Michael Gellner

Nov 2, 2022, 12:50:11 AM11/2/22
to SysML Forum
I have seen the RAAML XMI files and imported them to Enterprise Architect. There is now plenty of metamodel and stereotype stuff visible in a model in the project explorer.
But now? What can I do with it? I have no experience with metamodels - maybe that is the problem.
Before I deeper and waste plenty of time: can anybody say if it will be worth in the Sparx tool?
It looks like there is something missing, e.g. the element to table mapper that Cameo seems to have.
I work with EA v16 trial and need mainly FuSa, FMEA, FTA etc. tools. At the moment I am scouting for the best integration to integrate modelling with these assessment and audit feature without media gap.

Stephan Roth

Nov 2, 2022, 9:17:36 AM11/2/22
to SysML Forum
Hello Michael,

RAAML (Risk Analysis and Assessment Modeling Language) is first and foremost a language extension to SysML. Its purpose is to provide the modeling capabilities (language concepts with syntax and semantics) to capture safety and reliability information in a model. As with SysML, which is also "just" a language, you will not find any methodological help in RAAML how to do your safety analysis. And whether these activities can be performed at all in a modeling tool (for example, calculating a fault tree) is more a question of the tool, and less a question of the RAAML profile.

Usually, modeling tools need extensions/plug-in to be equipped with the required capabilities (mathematical solvers, simulation engines, etc.) to actually perform an FTA or FMEA in the model. In some domains, these tools even need to be validated and certified to be used in IEC 61508 safety-critical applications. Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure whether SparxSystems Enterprise Architect has the capabilities and extensions that you need. Therefore, I would suggest to contact the vendor (Sparx Systems) or the experts from the consultancy Lieber Lieber located in Vienna: https://www.lieberlieber.com/

Hope that helps!

Best regards
Stephan Roth
Trainer, Consultant and Coach at oose Innovative Informatik eG

Uwe Kaufmann

Nov 3, 2022, 3:16:12 AM11/3/22
to sysml...@googlegroups.com, Dr. Michael Gellner

Hi Michael,

it is a misleading expectation to load a OMG XMI into a tool of your choice and to anything useful with it. The OMG specification is intended to be used by the tool vendors for an implementation. The simplest explanation for this is, that you have to map (transform) the MOF-XMI metamodel into the tool-specific metamodel (which isn't MOF in any case) as a first step. Like with SysML, you can't load the OMG XMI and expect to obtain a functioning SysML tool. There's plenty of work to accomplish it.

I've forwarded you question to the RAAML group. In any case you need to wait for Sparx Systems to come up with an implementation of the RAAML. But given that they're a contributor to the spec I'm sure they will.

Best regards,

Uwe

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SysML Forum" group.