Un-delete partition

Elon G. ("Matt") Matthews

Aug 11, 2011, 11:04:10 AM8/11/11
to syr...@googlegroups.com
In the process of showing off to my grandson I was installing Ubuntu
on his laptop and repartitioned his hard drive, as I have done several
times before. However, this time I had either a finger check or a
brain cramp and (using gparted) deleted his Windows 7 ntfs partition
where all of his personal files are located. I am not a hero any
more! Since the partition has not been accessed since the deletion I
have to believe that the original information is still there. Can
anyone recommend a utility that might recover the partition at least
to the point where I can retrieve the personal files? In order of
importance I need a utility that: 1. recovers the files, 2. runs as a
bootable standalone utility or under Ubuntu, 3. is free or of minimal
cost, 4. makes me a hero.

Any and all help or suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Matt
--
Elon G. ("Matt") Matthews
4263 Vega Course