Scanners in Ubuntu

Ematthe1

Nov 13, 2008, 5:02:54 PM11/13/08
to SyrLUG
I need a flatbed scanner that runs under Ubuntu/Sane. I have spent
several hours looking at the supported scanners in Sane and
crosschecking them with scanners that are available from BestBuy, or
CircuitCity, or Tiger.com, or eBay. The search seems to be futile.
The available scanners seem not to be supported, and the supported
scanners seem not to be available. Does anyone know of a decent and
affordable ( <$150) scanner that works with Sane. I am about to give
up and genuflect to Bill Gates and the MicroSoft Gods, but I thought I
would ask the linux demigods first.
Matt