Music playlist for FLAC in Amarok

Elon G. ("Matt") Matthews

Feb 8, 2009, 3:33:04 PM2/8/09
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
I have just purchased a Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player (Specs
available at http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?DriveID=572).
My objective is to migrate my CD library to an external USB hard
drive for my living room stereo and archive the CDs to the basement.
I have two requirements (desires):

1. Lossless transfer since I don't want to lose any audio quality.
2. Playback in the original track order. Most of my music is
classical and playing the tracks in order is mandatory.

To accomplish this I chose to use FLAC. I have used K3B to rip some
CDs to FLAC and put them on a USB device. The WD device plays them
flawlessly, however, the tracks are in alphabetical order. Western
Digital Support recommended creating playlists which would establish
the desired order of playback. Of course, the software which they
provide for that purpose runs on Windows (I could do that) and does
not support FLAC, although the hardware does support FLAC. Since the
device supports playlists in M3U, PLS, and WPL formats and it seems
that Amarok creates M3U playlists, I thought I still had a solution.
However, I cannot find a way to export my playlists from Amarok to a
USB device, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure it out. I find
that there is an addon script that might accomplish this, but after
going around in circles trying to figure that out, I decided as a
novice, I'm not smart enough to do that.

Does anyone have a suggestion that will help me out of my dilemma?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. If there is another forum that
I should have used, that would be good to know as well.
AND, if there really isn't an answer, does anyone want to buy a
slightly used WD HD TV media player with only slight imprints of my
head on the case?
Thanks, Matt

--
Elon G. ("Matt") Matthews