Website launched for The Syntheist Node in Stockholm

Hampus Lindblad

Mar 17, 2018, 8:48:14 PM3/17/18
to Syntheism
After almost three years I've finally made a website for the Node. Really wish I had done it earlier.

There are some simple explanatory texts about Syntheism on it which I would welcome feedback on. I plan on adding copies of a curated list of my favorite texts from Syntheism.org on there later. Check it out!

https://www.noden.community

/Hampus

Jonatan Bäckelie

Mar 18, 2018, 3:35:32 AM3/18/18
to synt...@googlegroups.com
Wow! Nice work, Hampus!
Thanks for carrying out this important initiative!

Cheers
/Jonatan

SUBSECULAR.COM - A Music & Philosophy Interface

David Fuller

Mar 18, 2018, 9:13:22 AM3/18/18
to synt...@googlegroups.com
very good. I'm not sure that the copy font matches the content though... it's Times New Roman I think..? looks quite old-school.

needs something simpler and more futuristic - sans serif, I reckon.

whatever the menu font at the top is - looks much better,

---

Journalist & Filmmaker

Private commissions via Arm and Eye

Hampus Lindblad

Mar 18, 2018, 9:09:37 PM3/18/18
to synt...@googlegroups.com
Hehe, yes, you're absolutely right David. But it was a conscious decision since some of our embedded stuff couldn't support the more modern fonts. Rather then mixing very different styles I went for uniformity and choose Times New Roman as it at least creates a association to books. But now that it's ready I'll play around with it some more. Default was Adobe Garamond Pro and Proxima Nova I believe.

A font I really like for Syntheist stuff is called Platform: https://commercialtype.com/catalog/platform

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:47 AM, Hampus Lindblad <hampus....@gmail.com> wrote:
After almost three years I've finally made a website for the Node. Really wish I had done it earlier.

There are some simple explanatory texts about Syntheism on it which I would welcome feedback on. I plan on adding copies of a curated list of my favorite texts from Syntheism.org on there later. Check it out!

https://www.noden.community

/Hampus

---

Journalist & Filmmaker

Private commissions via Arm and Eye

Viktor Ansund

Mar 19, 2018, 6:53:44 AM3/19/18
to synt...@googlegroups.com
I like it! Great work Hampus. I like the text, it's very inspirational.

I would also add another donate button on the bottom on the page, below "Learn More".

Alexander Bard

Mar 19, 2018, 9:32:10 AM3/19/18
to Syntheism
Wonderful, excellent wesbite, I love this!!!
Big hugs
Alexander (very excited after a highly successful Stockholm Men's Gathering at The Syntheist Node this weekend)

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 2:09 AM Hampus Lindblad <hampus....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Никола В. Јовић

Apr 19, 2018, 1:59:31 PM4/19/18
to Syntheism
Fantastic news Hampus! I'd only replace the logo with a more accurate one. I have an svg file if you need it.

Hampus Lindblad

Apr 20, 2018, 7:52:52 AM4/20/18
to Syntheism
Sure Nikola, just send it over. I'm not sure what you mean by more accurate, but send it over and we'll see. :)

Никола В. Јовић

Apr 20, 2018, 4:56:35 PM4/20/18
to Syntheism
It's just that space. Not a big deal, but I think that it's supposed to look like the one on the right. Correct me if I'm wrong.