SYN Shop Update

Jeff Rosowski

Sep 3, 2020, 12:23:19 AM9/3/20
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the spam if you got this via other means, but this is pretty important as our deadline for this is coming up.

Hi @everyone,

It's time for an update. Buckle down, cause there's a bit here to chew on.

It looks like we are going to have to move. The current landlord won't budge from a rent increase of 30%, increasing year after year, and that's not feasible for our finances at all, baring a drastic increase in membership.

There are two main items of concern with this:
    - Getting our stuff out
    - Finding a new place.

I put them in that order for a reason, even though it seems backwards.

Our lease is up at the end of September. We've been going back and forth with the landlord a lot, even to the point where they asked for all our financials and we provided them, in the hopes that they would be more reasonable (since they have empty units, even our own building); no go. They are set on the 30% increase. That doesn't put us in a great spot. We can extend month to month, but technically, any improvement on the property still there when the lease terminates belongs to the landlord.(edited)

We've put a lot of money into this facility, and we'd like to not hand it over. To that end, we need to remove our added in lighting system, electrical panel, and transformers. We need a couple of things for this:
    - A scissor lift
    - A licensed electrician.
If anyone can help with either of these, or can put us in touch with someone who can, please let us know.

Pretty much everything else is equipment, and we can put into storage when we leave if we don't have a place.

That brings us to the place.

We were hoping to buy a place, to avoid having to deal with this in the future. It is still our hope; we might have to be flexible in the kind of place we end up in, but there are options.

We aren't opposed to renting if we can find a good deal on a place, and/or ideally a long term lease.

If anyone has any leads in that regard, please let us know as well.

Lastly, we may need to temporarily transition to storage space to make things work, depending on how our next conversation with the landlord goes, about possibly going month-to-month until we find a new place. We're trying to avoid that situation as much as possible, but I wanted to give people a heads up.

Now, for those of you who are willing to help, we could use help in a few different ways.
    - If you have a contact with any of the cities, or the county, please let us know.
    - If you are willing to donate to our down payment/moving fund, please let us know.
    - If you are able to help with labor or storage or equipment, please let us know.
    - And if you have any leads on new locations, most definitely let us know.

Sorry to bring you the news like this; we were hoping to have a solution before now, but it is crunch time; we need help from everyone we can get help from, at this point.

ABU Studio iPhone Drum Loops

Sep 4, 2020, 2:10:29 PM9/4/20
to syn...@googlegroups.com
 I’m here to help. Full disclosure I had brain cancer and my balance isn’t great. I can’t walk backwards or lift heavy objects over 10 pds but I can help box and organize.  Move medium Boxes etc. I wish I could do more.
 Mike  Desmond

 If you are able to help with labor or storage or equipment, please let us know.
--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Helen Feng

Sep 29, 2020, 7:34:38 PM9/29/20
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys.. Especially the board and Krux..

I haven't been active with since you guys moved.. In my old office building, I believe they have some warehouse room.. I am not sure if it's rented or not or what they have available.. it's north of town, but close to 95.. Give the building manager a call.. Tell Alan that I sent you..  (There was a tenant might still be there, that recycles or dumps tons of racks.. I wanted to take them all out of the trash) lol

Alan's number is 702-358-8587  .. he manages my old office area.. the landlord and him are really cool.. the nice thing about this property is that it is all inclusive.. elec A/C and heat and water.. so it's one flat price.. they have several office available, and I know they have some warehouse space..

Helen