Linux Kernel expert

Steve witzel

Jul 27, 2018, 12:23:43 PM7/27/18
to SYN Shop

I am working on a project and am looking for someone that can consult with me on installing MIPI DSI drivers in Linux.

I know virtually nothing about the Linux kernel and am in over my head.

Thanks,

Steve

Bash Cypher

Jul 30, 2018, 1:34:17 PM7/30/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Building drivers puts someone in the "Linux Elite" area. Have you considered just using a different, supported, screen? Here is the only article I could find that had success. You can see in the kernal log what was installed.  https://e2e.ti.com/support/dsp/omap_applications_processors/f/447/t/199201?LCD-driver-with-MIPI-DSI-interface-in-video-mode

--
@synshop
https://synshop.org

Steve witzel

Jul 30, 2018, 2:50:20 PM7/30/18
to SYN Shop
Thanks, I am using the Snapdragon 410 processor and have found no links yet for any working MIPI display under Linux.

Still looking though.

Andrew Johnson

Oct 24, 2018, 10:42:20 PM10/24/18
to SYN Shop

MaraJade

Oct 27, 2018, 9:21:01 PM10/27/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com, SYN Shop
Which board are you working with? You need to compile the module on your
own. As far as I can tell, no binary exists for your driver.
Do you need to cross-compile the driver?

~Mara

Steve witzel

Oct 27, 2018, 10:23:57 PM10/27/18
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mara,

Using a dragon board equivalent. Cross compiling on a Ubuntu x86 box.

Its a very slow process trying to get a display working!