IMPORTANT: State of the Shop

krux

Aug 14, 2015, 1:54:02 AM8/14/15
to SYN Shop Announcements
Saturday, August 29th, is our monthly board meeting.  This is an important meeting, as we have rather big news.

We've been given a 60 day notice to move out of our current location.  This means we have to be out of there by the end of September.  There is a large section in the board meeting minutes which will be dedicated to this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18G8U_JyZ6cub-7hKjax4g7tagdEpLQ26oZIoeESREB8

We're working on lease negotiations for the new location, but as time is tight, we are going to have to start packing before we have some place to move to.  This means that starting now, we need to start packing up.  We're going to need all the help we can get, and have quite a bit of expenses coming up for the move and build out.

I don't ask for it often, but if you would like to help us out, please consider making a donation.

Also if you are not already, consider becoming a member.  Membership dues are the main way we generate regular income to pay the rent and utilities.  That lets us use our savings for things that make the shop a better place.  Not to discount that just the shop existing with a roof and electricity, and all those things we like, is a pretty significant step toward making the shop a better place.

And of course we need boots on the ground.  This is by no means a small task.  We have a lot of things to pack up and move, and then get unpacked and setup at the new location when the time comes.  Now is the time to get involved.

Thanks for your help, and look forward to seeing your contributions in the coming days.

Krux
President of SYN Shop