OpenGL

Éric Boucher

Oct 7, 2013, 2:27:04 PM10/7/13
to syne...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i know your not closed to Linux port (other subject) but as you know, OpenGL is more than DirectX for Linux, it's a replacement for DirectX that is constantly in evolution by it's OpenSource mind. Would you consider letting DirectX beside and comme aboard OpenGL for Windows at the moment and Linux later?

Sincerly,
Éric

Synekism

Oct 7, 2013, 4:08:04 PM10/7/13
to Synekism
I will ultimately have support for both, as impractical as that may be. Synekism is first a hobby and then a product and I have too much fun with DirectX to just give it up. But I am writing my new graphics engine to abstract the particular graphics API I use so I can easily add support for OpenGL alongside DirectX.

Éric Boucher

Oct 7, 2013, 4:44:20 PM10/7/13
to syne...@googlegroups.com
Fun with DirectX, you think something in particular ?

Synekism

Oct 7, 2013, 5:40:37 PM10/7/13
to Synekism
I simply meant that my first self-taught graphics programming experience is in DirectX so it has a certain nostalgia about it. That doesn't mean I'll never touch OpenGL (I already did some OpenGL stuff) but it does mean I'm more comfortable in Windows/DirectX land.