Music for Synekism?

LevelEditor

Mar 28, 2013, 5:15:33 PM3/28/13
to syne...@googlegroups.com
At what point ( if ever ) would you like to add some music to Synekism? If so, what kind of music would you be interested in using for it and to what degree will the music be affected by the game? Obviously, there are many routes you could go (with different levels of complexity and difficulty to implement). It could be as simple as a soundtrack that plays randomly or you could go to the level of the most recent SimCity and have a greater version of the music play when your city is larger, and different versions play depending on what screen you are viewing. Personally, I think music would be a nice addition to your next update and it should be easy to add to the game also, if you're going with the simple soundtrack idea, the only problem being the method of how you obtain the music itself. You also might want to think about sounds in the future too. I think both of these would help make the game a little more lively.

If you're interested in extremely low-quality uncopyrighted simple piano/keyboard music, I could offer some original music to you for free. It may possibly suck but it's free.

Synekism

Mar 31, 2013, 1:29:22 PM3/31/13
to syne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay. I was out of town.

Synekism will at some point get audio but at the moment I am not prepared to add it, both from a technical perspective as well as a creative one. As you can imagine, music is not something I'd like to rush and squeeze into the game. Sound effects could come sooner but they are still affected by technical limitations as I currently don't have audio support in the game code. And at the moment, my focus is on visuals and gameplay.

Thanks for the offer though. I'll keep it in mind when audio gets a higher priority.