fix for mouse sensitivity in full screen mode in linux

Paul Hayes

Aug 23, 2015, 1:08:14 PM8/23/15
to Syndicate Wars Port
Re-installed this port today (glad to see there is still interest and signs of development!).  I can't remember if it was the same last time I tried it but I found the mouse sensitivity too be far too high in full screen mode.  It was OK in windowed mode.

I am using Debian Jessie and have already applied the same speed max fps patch.

I discovered that it's actually an SDL peculiarity rather than anything with swars itself.

The fix is to run:

export SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0

Before starting the game.  Add that line to your .bashrc file and then it's always applied.

cheers,
Paul.