Work continues on GITHub

mefist...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2015, 7:22:35 PM7/26/15
to Syndicate Wars Port
I did some work on the 0.3 code to make it easier to read.

Currently the main change is that sound-related routines are cut from swars.s to a separate file.
Maybe later I'll name some more functions, or separate another part.
I'm not planning to do any functional changes, I just want to make the code easier to work with.

I am testing my changes on Windows, so build scripts on other platforms may need an update.

Oh, and I also fixed a padding problem, so that the code compiled on new GCC versions works fine.

Here's my source:
https://github.com/mefistotelis/swars

Newk

Feb 25, 2016, 9:48:23 AM2/25/16
to Syndicate Wars Port, mefist...@gmail.com
Sorry to say that it does break compiling on GNU/Linux.. see my other post here to see the link to the error.

Cheers!

mefist...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2016, 6:45:50 PM2/25/16
to Syndicate Wars Port, mefist...@gmail.com
Yeah, I generally can't stand autotools, so I haven't updated Makefile.am.

I am sure the issue is only in make system - the code itself should have no problem compiling.

What needs to be done is to update src/Makefile.am so that it does the same as src/Makefile.windows, and configure.ac so that it generates config.h with all defines existing in src/windows.config.h.
Or get rid of autotools and update src/Makefile and src/config.h directly. I'm not even sure if what I've done with Makefile.windows can be done with automake.