Swapping of Frist and Last Names

pberberian

Apr 1, 2009, 4:20:57 PM4/1/09
to Syncman
I've noticed that for some contacts - like my name - the First and
Last name show up correctly on my address book but on Google they show
up as Last, First - while most names in Google are correct with First
Last

Everything is correct in Address Book

Thanks

Jeff Nichols

Apr 19, 2009, 10:58:06 AM4/19/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
In "Syncman > Preferences > Advanced" there is a setting for
"Preferred Name Format". Is this by any chance set to "Last, First"?

I've also seen cases where Google decides to change your contact names
based on how those contacts have their own name set in their email
settings. This usually happens after you reply to an email or chat
with one of those contacts. Kinda hard to trace down, but that
*could* be what's happening here.

Jeff