Sync'ing Groups

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Monsieur Cure-dent

unread,
Jul 25, 2009, 11:51:08 PM7/25/09
to Syncman
I did purchase the program by the way. Great job! Easy and works as
advertised.

Does the program sync the "groups" from Address Book to GMail
Contacts? It does not seem to do this and I think this would be great.
Since I am now Google Voice, sorting out my contacts into Groups is
essential for the service to give me the most it can.

I think it would also be nice to be able to sync to multiple GMail
accounts. I have a personal GMail account and a work one. I would like
to sync both and I don't think this is possible unless I use a second
computer to accomplish this. This is doable for me as I have two Mac's
and use MobileMe to keep my contacts sorted between all things iPhone
and Mac.

Jeff Nichols

unread,
Jul 26, 2009, 5:11:28 AM7/26/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I did purchase the program by the way. Great job! Easy and works as
> advertised.

Thanks! Love hearing from happy users!

> Does the program sync the "groups" from Address Book to GMail
> Contacts? It does not seem to do this and I think this would be great.
> Since I am now Google Voice, sorting out my contacts into Groups is
> essential for the service to give me the most it can.

Not yet. I'm waiting for Google to update the way they handle a few
things before I can release the next version, and support for groups
will be the next feature after that.

> I think it would also be nice to be able to sync to multiple GMail
> accounts. I have a personal GMail account and a work one. I would like
> to sync both and I don't think this is possible unless I use a second
> computer to accomplish this. This is doable for me as I have two Mac's
> and use MobileMe to keep my contacts sorted between all things iPhone
> and Mac.

I also very much want support for multiple accounts. However, doing
it properly will be a fair amount of work, so this is probably a
feature for version 2. In the meantime, you could use something like
rooSwitch to synchronize multiple accounts. Or, if you're always
syncing one-way, it's possible (but a little clumsy) to simply change
the account in Syncman before syncing.

Cheers,
Jeff

--
Jeff Nichols
Wateree Software
http://wateree.net/

Robert Loomans

unread,
Jul 26, 2009, 8:25:32 PM7/26/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 19:11, Jeff Nichols<je...@wateree.net> wrote:
> Thanks!  Love hearing from happy users!

Another happy user here.

I bought syncman specifically because of the one-way sync... after a
lot of pain with iTunes' Google contact sync.


>> Does the program sync the "groups" from Address Book to GMail
>> Contacts? It does not seem to do this and I think this would be great.
>> Since I am now Google Voice, sorting out my contacts into Groups is
>> essential for the service to give me the most it can.
>
> Not yet.  I'm waiting for Google to update the way they handle a few
> things before I can release the next version, and support for groups
> will be the next feature after that.

Any chance you can also sync photos too?

Rob

--
Robert Loomans
rob...@loomans.org

Jeff Nichols

unread,
Jul 27, 2009, 5:12:23 AM7/27/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

>> Thanks!  Love hearing from happy users!
>
> Another happy user here.

Excellent!

> I bought syncman specifically because of the one-way sync... after a
> lot of pain with iTunes' Google contact sync.

I hear ya. Bi-directional synchronization is difficult. And while I
try hard to offer the best possible bi-directional sync experience, I
was well aware that offering one-way strategies was very important.
Sure glad I did.

>> Not yet.  I'm waiting for Google to update the way they handle a few
>> things before I can release the next version, and support for groups
>> will be the next feature after that.
>
> Any chance you can also sync photos too?

Photos come after (or maybe before??) groups. In any case, it's on the roadmap.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages