Mobile Me

Stephen

Jun 2, 2009, 7:06:04 PM6/2/09
to Syncman
I am considering installing Syncman to solve a huge headache. I
currently use Mobile Me to share contacts with my wife, and I use
Gmail for all my work email. So, I'm hoping to use Syncman to allow
me to send a one-way directional version of my contacts to Gmail.

Does Syncman have known issues in functioning alongside Mobile Me?

Jeff Nichols

Jun 3, 2009, 2:06:50 PM6/3/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

I've bcc'ed you to this message since I fear that quite a few people
write to the group and then never check again if it takes me any time
to respond. I'm considering going to a pure email support system
because of this... anybody have any opinions about that?

Anyways, to your question...

As far as I know there are no issues with using both MobileMe and
Syncman. Especially your case of a one-way sync from Address Book to
Gmail should be completely fine. Of course, when doing any kind of
synchronization it's *highly* recommended to back up your Address Book
from time to time. ;-)

Jeff

--
Jeff Nichols
Wateree Software

Stephen

Jun 3, 2009, 2:26:17 PM6/3/09
to Syncman
Thanks! One of the main reasons I'm considering Syncman, in addition
to the low price, is your quickness of responding to people. Thanks,
Jeff!

I actually like the Google Groups forum. It allows people to search
past messages to see if their's has already been answered. You'd lose
that with a purely email system.

I know that some Google apps allow for a user to set a notification,
and I think users could do that with Google Groups...the only
downside, of course, is that they have to set it. Probably many would
forget to do that when they posted a message?

SW

On Jun 3, 1:06 pm, Jeff Nichols <j...@wateree.net> wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I've bcc'ed you to this message since I fear that quite a few people
> write to the group and then never check again if it takes me any time
> to respond.  I'm considering going to a pure email support system
> because of this... anybody have any opinions about that?
>
> Anyways, to your question...
>
> As far as I know there are no issues with using both MobileMe and
> Syncman.  Especially your case of a one-way sync from Address Book to
> Gmail should be completely fine.  Of course, when doing any kind of
> synchronization it's *highly* recommended to back up your Address Book
> from time to time.  ;-)
>
> Please let me know if you have any other questions.
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> Jeff Nichols
> Wateree Softwarehttp://wateree.net/

Jeff Nichols

Jun 6, 2009, 1:21:22 PM6/6/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
> I actually like the Google Groups forum.  It allows people to search
> past messages to see if their's has already been answered.  You'd lose
> that with a purely email system.

That's true. On the other hand, I think a well maintained and
searchable FAQ might be even better as I can make the 'definitive'
answer to common questions very easy to find.

I've also just created an @wateree twitter account for quick updates,
questions, and whatever else comes from it. We'll see how that goes.

Cheers,
Jeff