Menubar Icon

1 view

Basheer

Aug 12, 2009, 2:51:59 AM8/12/09
to Syncman
Is there any way you could have Syncman show up in neither the dock
nor the menubar? Have it more as a service or even a prefpane?

Jeff Nichols

Aug 20, 2009, 10:57:39 AM8/20/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
This was marked as spam for me... not sure why. Just wanted to let you know.

> Is there any way you could have Syncman show up in neither the dock
> nor the menubar? Have it more as a service or even a prefpane?

Anyways, the very first 'draft' implementation of Syncman was as a
service with prefpane. I decided against this because it is
significantly harder to develop than a 'normal' application and I
didn't think such a small product as Syncman justified the extra
effort. I also saw more transparent synchronization (not having to
guess what just happened) with a normal application as somewhat of a
hole in the market that I could fill. As Syncman continues to grow
and change, I'm sure I will reevaluate this decision at some point in
the future.

Cheers,
Jeff

--