Syncman Suggestions =)

1 view

Efenili

Mar 23, 2009, 7:52:27 PM3/23/09
to Syncman
Hey Guys,

Just purchased Syncman and I love it so far!! Other options are
either in-adequate or WAY to expensive...$70 dollars to sync? Give me
a break.

Anyways, I wanted to make a couple of suggestions just after using it
for a little while :)

1. Add Postal address/Shipping address to the sync. That would be
very sweet :)

2. If there are more fields being sync'd than listed make some kind of
notice on how to proceed. For instance I only have 2 IM fields in
address book as default so a contact with more than 2 IM fields gets
all the rest pushed into 1 row instead of opening up more
fields....not sure if this is possible

3. Add Birthday Sync...love to have this for various reasons

Thats about it for now :)

You guys are doing an excellent job!

Efenili

Mar 23, 2009, 8:03:39 PM3/23/09
to Syncman
Just read about Beta 1.3 :)

Get rid of my first suggestion..haha you guys are on top of it

Ed

Jeff Nichols

Apr 19, 2009, 10:29:52 AM4/19/09
to syn...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

>   Just purchased Syncman and I love it so far!!  Other options are
> either in-adequate or WAY to expensive...$70 dollars to sync? Give me
> a break.

Hehe... thanks!

> 2. If there are more fields being sync'd than listed make some kind of
> notice on how to proceed.  For instance I only have 2 IM fields in
> address book as default so a contact with more than 2 IM fields gets
> all the rest pushed into 1 row instead of opening up more
> fields....not sure if this is possible

Hmm... interesting, but I'm not sure if enough people would be
interested in such a feature. Maybe you could explain a bit more
about why you would want this behavior?

> 3. Add Birthday Sync...love to have this for various reasons

I'd also like to add birthday sync. Unfortunately, this isn't
currently possible with Google's API (without doing something silly
like putting it in the notes field). But Google might change this at
some point, and I'll be sure to add support if it's ever possible.

> You guys are doing an excellent job!

Thanks again! And thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

--
Jeff Nichols
Wateree Software