Guidance

Aadya C

Nov 22, 2022, 4:44:22 PM11/22/22
to sympy
Hey ,

I am Aadya Chinubhai, 19.
I am new to sympy, I have been using python for around 2 years now. I'm currently pursuing my undergraduate studies in Computer Science and engineering. I'm also new to open source, I want to start contributing to the sympy library due to my interest in mathematics and science. What all should I learn? Please guide me. I read the 'Introduction to contributing' article in sympy but It would be good if someone would give me good tips on getting started.

My current skillset is that I've completed almost all Kaggle microcourses, Reimplemented some ML research papers like U-Nets/U-Net++ and done some mathematical research work.

Also , please suggest some beginner friendly issues if possible.

Jeremy Monat

Nov 22, 2022, 9:52:38 PM11/22/22
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aadya,

Welcome and thanks for volunteering to work on issues! Beginner-friendly ones are tagged Easy to Fix. Also, you don't need anyone's permission to work on issues, just go ahead.

Best,
Jeremy Monat

Aadya C

Nov 23, 2022, 3:14:39 AM11/23/22
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks jeremy,

I would love to explore the issues.
Any advice for beginners would be highly appreciated?