SymPy integration with LLM (generative AI)

Francesco Bonazzi

Apr 11, 2024, 4:35:18 PMApr 11
to sympy

Francesco Bonazzi

Apr 11, 2024, 4:41:13 PMApr 11
to sympy

Samith Kavishke

Apr 12, 2024, 2:17:49 AMApr 12
to sympy
Are there any plans from our side for the LLM that use Sympy?

Francesco Bonazzi

Apr 13, 2024, 2:52:33 AMApr 13
to sympy
On Friday, April 12, 2024 at 8:17:49 a.m. UTC+2 samithkar...@gmail.com wrote:
Are there any plans from our side for the LLM that use Sympy?

Not that I know.

Aaron Meurer

Apr 13, 2024, 11:30:25 PMApr 13
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I made a SymPy GPT for ChatGPT. Although ChatGPT will already use
SymPy if you ask it to solve a math problem. The only difference is
that this has access to the latest version of SymPy and the SymPy
documentation.

There was some discussion about using LLMs to do LaTeX parsing
(currently done by a grammar-based parser in parse_latex()) at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/26128.

Aaron Meurer

peter.st...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2024, 12:31:32 AMApr 14
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Aaron,

Thanks!

Does this also work with the free ChatGPT version, or only with the paid for version?
How do I use it? Simply start my (free) ChatGPT as I do now?

Excuse my dumb questions, but I am not the greatest computer expert ☹

Peter
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6LxM29Ms-xxpZwr2%2BZ06qbeKYPE3pmhx6ajr-PM1nAhMQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Aaron Meurer

Apr 14, 2024, 12:46:15 AMApr 14
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I believe the custom GPTs require the paid version, since they use GPT
4 and the code interpreter which are paid features only. If you have a
ChatGPT subscription and you click the link I provided, it should show
up in the sidebar (or you can click "explore GPTs" and search for
"SymPy").

Aaron Meurer
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/032101da8e24%249af957d0%24d0ec0770%24%40gmail.com.

Francesco Bonazzi

Apr 15, 2024, 2:49:51 AMApr 15
to sympy
On Sunday, April 14, 2024 at 5:30:25 a.m. UTC+2 Aaron Meurer wrote:
I made a SymPy GPT for ChatGPT. Although ChatGPT will already use
SymPy if you ask it to solve a math problem. The only difference is
that this has access to the latest version of SymPy and the SymPy
documentation.

The library I linked (langchain) is a wrapper around many different LLMs (either local or APIs), it lets you easily switch LLM.

There was some discussion about using LLMs to do LaTeX parsing
(currently done by a grammar-based parser in parse_latex()) at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/26128.

LLMs can parse everything, I wouldn't limit them to LaTeX.