self-introduction

Nikhil Date

Dec 4, 2021, 6:37:42 AM12/4/21
to sympy
Hello everyone, I'm Nikhil. I have already contributed a bug fix to sympy, so I guess I'm a bit late at introducing myself, but here goes. I'm excited to contribute more bug fixes and documentation improvements, especially since this is my first time contributing to an open source project!

  • level of familiarity with python (years of programming, previous projects): about 2 years of experience with python. Used python for a few personal projects. Some computer vision and AI stuff.
  • mathematical education level (high school / ... / PhD?): junior in high school. Took a college-level course in linear algebra and taught myself some multivariable calculus. I also have some basic familiarity with discrete math.
  • particular expertise (physics? biology? ...subtopics): I'm not really an expert at anything yet, but I'm very interested in AI, especially computer vision.
  • particular algorithmic interests: I'm not sure what this means exactly, but I'm interested in the solvers and integrals modules.
  • level of familiarity with symbolic math systems "computer algebra": Not too familiar, but I've used WolframAlpha a bit
  • your familiarity with SymPy (e.g. how have you used SymPy)? Used sympy in a personal project for solving systems of equations for computational geometry
  • other possibly relevant information -- geographical location? native language?: I live in India