Help in Setting Objectives for future release of SymPy Live and SymPy Gamma

庄毅辉

Apr 4, 2023, 6:00:17 PM4/4/23
to sympy
Dear all,

I am Yihui Zhuang, a student from Beijing Normal University, and I would like to express my strong interest in the SymPy Live and SymPy Gamma project for Google Summer of Code. As a self-taught developer with experience in both front-end and back-end technologies, I believe I can contribute to this project and help maintain and improve the SymPy Live and SymPy Gamma platforms.

For this project, I am particularly interested in migrating SymPy Live and SymPy Gamma to Pyodide or Brython, enabling SymPy to run in the browser's JavaScript environment on the client-side. I also have ideas for improving SymPy Gamma's input support and parsing. Additionally, I would like to use a modern front-end framework to rebuild the official website, making it faster, more modern, and more eco-friendly.

My experience in front-end development includes using Vanilla JS/HTML/CSS and self-taught frameworks like Svelte, SolidJS, Astro, UnoCSS, and WindiCSS. These skills have been honed through personal projects. Additionally, I have experience with Python and have worked with backend frameworks like FastAPI, Starlite, Flask, and GraphQL (using Strawberry).

I am confident that I have the necessary skills to complete this project within the timeline, and I am eager to participate in GSoC as it would greatly benefit my academic pursuits. Despite my limited experience with SymPy, I am confident in my ability to learn quickly and complete the project to a high standard.

Thank you for considering my application.

Best regards,
Yihui Zhuang

庄毅辉

Apr 4, 2023, 6:00:19 PM4/4/23