Complete QR factorisation

Lisette de Slak

Jul 14, 2021, 4:12:33 PM7/14/21
to sympy
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get sympy's equivalent of numpy's complete QR factorisation, but I'm not really sure how to proceed. (I only care about the Q matrix for now.)

Concretely, what is sympy's equivalent to np.linalg.qr(np.ones((4,1)), mode="complete")? I'm aware of the QRdecomposition()-function, but for the Q-matrix, it returns a (4,1) Matrix opposed to the (4,4) Matrix I need.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron Meurer

Jul 14, 2021, 4:17:35 PM7/14/21
to sympy
The docstring of QRdecomposition shows how it can be done manually,
but I think it should be added as a flag, as manually creating an
orthogonal basis isn't straightforward.

Aaron Meurer