SymPy 1.10rc2 released

Oscar Benjamin

Feb 21, 2022, 9:49:09 AM2/21/22
to sympy
Hi all,

Following the previous release of SymPy 1.10rc1 a few days ago I
discovered a few problems with the test suite. Certain tests failed
under certain configurations depending on which other libraries were
installed.

I've since fixed these and so I have now released a second candidate
SymPy 1.10rc2. You can install this release candidate with

pip install --pre sympy

You can also download the release files from GitHub:

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/releases/tag/sympy-1.10rc2

Please test this release with your own code. So far there was no
feedback on the rc1 release. The changes from rc1 to rc2 were all just
things that I discovered after running extra tests myself.

The changes since rc1 are very minimal and not worth adding to the
release notes as they are all just to do with the test suite. You can
see the full diff here:

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/compare/sympy-1.10rc1..sympy-1.10rc2

Lastly I accidentally pushed an incorrect sympy-1.10rc2 tag last night
that I deleted this morning. I've pushed a new sympy-1.10rc2 tag now
but if anyone did "git fetch upstream" in that time then they will
have the old incorrect tag. To fix this you can just do

git fetch --tags upstream

It's important to make sure that you don't have the old tag because if
in future you try to push to the main repo then git might try to push
that tag (which I think will fail rather than overwriting it, but I'm
not 100% sure).

The SHA256 hashes for the release files are:

d4d6cee0fc7e95a4a8d94f17e54e2ca1971e9c0fdb4f3af1fd23c09be99bb239
sympy-1.10rc2.tar.gz
055d8e5717b21773dd7067810f5efce1a0856d351b47aa08c821c0812607d385
sympy-1.10rc2-py3-none-any.whl
161eaa7eae01f55533fad6689589a72934149698f9004bc95e9b57e79c089d66
sympy-docs-html-1.10rc2.zip
2ffea648584b3129fc5b202c284fbdb98761bc365cd2077e6cc2325daf40f05a
sympy-docs-pdf-1.10rc2.pdf(38venv)

If I don't hear anything then SymPy 1.10 will be released in a few days.

Oscar

Jeremy Monat

Feb 21, 2022, 11:09:36 AM2/21/22
to sy...@googlegroups.com
I tested the release candidate with a simple use case I have (solving sets of inequalities), and it worked fine.

Oscar Benjamin

Feb 23, 2022, 12:01:22 PM2/23/22
to sympy
On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 at 16:09, Jeremy Monat <jem...@calalum.org> wrote:

> I tested the release candidate with a simple use case I have (solving sets of inequalities), and it worked fine.

Thanks Jeremy. There have been some reports of bugs related to the
downstream unyt and SAGE projects. As a result there will now need to
be a new 1.10rc3 release candidate. I'll put that out just as soon as
the SAGE issue is fixed.

It's particularly important for downstream libraries to test the
release candidate so anyone who contributes to a library or
application that uses SymPy please do test this now so that any issues
related to your projects don't make it into the final release.

Oscar

gu...@uwosh.edu

Feb 23, 2022, 1:01:13 PM2/23/22
to sympy
I can verify that 1.10rc2 passes all tests with my algebra_with_sympy package. This is despite the sketchy things I do with execute to re-define how functions are called after importing sympy into the user namespace for interactive use. This suggests no major core change issues.

Jonathan