Best content dump/load strategies?

Bruno Reis

Dec 3, 2014, 8:36:38 PM12/3/14
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm working on a cmf project here and I'm starting to put some data online. What is the best "content backup" strategy? Should I make a db backup? Or maybe dump some structured phpcr content somehow?

I might be changing some classes and hierarchy and I'd like to have the most flexible data dump. Maybe some kind of yml I can edit.

My actual dev approach is to have all the data on fixtures, but soon the client will start to edit it online. So, what do you recomend?

Thanks,
Bruno

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Dec 4, 2014, 7:53:06 AM12/4/14
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Doing an XML dump into the PHPCR/JCR xml format is one way to ensure you get a consistent backup.
That being said, depending on what persistence layer you use, you have other options: ie. if you use Jackrabbit with the XML store, you can use system that ensure a consistent on disc backup. If you use an RDBMS you can use whatever it offers.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Bruno Reis

Dec 4, 2014, 9:58:19 AM12/4/14
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lukas.

In fact now I'm looking for the most flexible thing that allows me to refactor some types and other stuff like that.

David Buchmann

Dec 5, 2014, 8:00:02 AM12/5/14
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
for that, i would go with the xml export and import functionality of
phpcr. the app/console offers you commands for that. you can manipulate
that xml in any way.

alternatively, the phpcr-shell should offer a good way to do simple
refactorings like rename a class. it offers update statements. this
probably does not scale to large repositories, as the update happens in
php code and not database level, but for developping and a repository
with a couple of hundred documents i assume this will work.

cheers,david

On 04.12.2014 15:58, Bruno Reis wrote:
> Thanks Lukas.
>
> In fact now I'm looking for the most flexible thing that allows me to
> refactor some types and other stuff like that.

> <mailto:sm...@pooteeweet.org>>:
>

> > On 04 Dec 2014, at 02:36, Bruno Reis <bruno....@gmail.com
> <mailto:bruno....@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm working on a cmf project here and I'm starting to put some
> data online. What is the best "content backup" strategy? Should I
> make a db backup? Or maybe dump some structured phpcr content somehow?
> >
> > I might be changing some classes and hierarchy and I'd like to
> have the most flexible data dump. Maybe some kind of yml I can edit.
> >
> > My actual dev approach is to have all the data on fixtures, but
> soon the client will start to edit it online. So, what do you recomend?
>
> Doing an XML dump into the PHPCR/JCR xml format is one way to ensure
> you get a consistent backup.
> That being said, depending on what persistence layer you use, you
> have other options: ie. if you use Jackrabbit with the XML store,
> you can use system that ensure a consistent on disc backup. If you
> use an RDBMS you can use whatever it offers.
>
> regards,
> Lukas Kahwe Smith
> sm...@pooteeweet.org <mailto:sm...@pooteeweet.org>
>

> --
>

> --

Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 43 500 39 80
CH-8005 Zurich // PGP 0xA581808B // www.liip.ch