Time for a new release?

Wouter J

May 31, 2015, 6:15:45 PM5/31/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Symfony 2.7 has just been released and according to our original release plan, we should
release a new CMF release one month after it. This means we've had 8 months of developing
time. That's long enough for a new release imo.

This release comes with quite some big changes, most of them are not yet ready. I think we
should decide which features will make it. If we know that and a deadline, we can work more
focussed.

I'm not following the whole CMF project and PHPCR, so I can only name a few things that I'm
working on:
  • CmfTreeBrowserBundle, this bundle has been fully rewritten and is ready to be used.
    Drag 'n drop support is missing, but the PR is close to be finished. Other features, like
    icons and a tooltip, can be skipped and moved to a 2.1 release.

  • CmfMenuBundle, KnpMenu 2.0 support is merged into master. We should try it out in
    the demo applications to find any bugs. The big hold up here is the release of
    KnpMenu(Bundle) 2.1, which comes with some features that kind of make 2.0 a bit
    unusable (like determining if a menu node is the current menu node).

  • Resource related bundles/components, I'm not so sure about this one yet. First of
    all, I'm not sure when Puli 1.0 is going to be released. Also, the current system relies on
    features that were removed a long time ago in Puli 1.0 and skipped for Puli 1.1. This
    makes me wondering if we should ship this in this CMF release, or if it's better to move it
    to the CMF release at the end of the year.

  • Admin related stuff, each relevant bundle now has a PR adding tab functionality. This
    requires SonataAdminBundle 2.5 and SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle 2.0. I'm not sure
    about the state of SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle and if we should ship it with this CMF
    release. If not, the tab PRs can't be merged.
    Besides this, the MenuBundle has a general UX improve PR, which is very close to be finished.

  • 2.7 support, afaik most bundles and components are made as much deprecation-free as
    possible, making them ready for Symfony 2.7.

  • Lowest version tests, almost all packages are now tested successfully against the lower
    version boundaries.
I hope to hear some input from you and see if we can get something finished/stable.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Jun 1, 2015, 4:46:11 AM6/1/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

> On 01 Jun 2015, at 00:15, Wouter J <jong.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Symfony 2.7 has just been released and according to our original release plan, we should
> release a new CMF release one month after it. This means we've had 8 months of developing
> time. That's long enough for a new release imo

+1

> This release comes with quite some big changes, most of them are not yet ready. I think we
> should decide which features will make it. If we know that and a deadline, we can work more
> focussed.
>
> I'm not following the whole CMF project and PHPCR, so I can only name a few things that I'm
> working on:
> • CmfTreeBrowserBundle, this bundle has been fully rewritten and is ready to be used.
> Drag 'n drop support is missing, but the PR is close to be finished. Other features, like
> icons and a tooltip, can be skipped and moved to a 2.1 release.

agreed

> • CmfMenuBundle, KnpMenu 2.0 support is merged into master. We should try it out in
> the demo applications to find any bugs. The big hold up here is the release of
> KnpMenu(Bundle) 2.1, which comes with some features that kind of make 2.0 a bit
> unusable (like determining if a menu node is the current menu node).

I will increase the thumb screws to get this resolved

> • Resource related bundles/components, I'm not so sure about this one yet. First of
> all, I'm not sure when Puli 1.0 is going to be released. Also, the current system relies on
> features that were removed a long time ago in Puli 1.0 and skipped for Puli 1.1. This
> makes me wondering if we should ship this in this CMF release, or if it's better to move it
> to the CMF release at the end of the year.

I also think we should hold off for now .. but we can mention the current state of development in our blog

> • Admin related stuff, each relevant bundle now has a PR adding tab functionality. This
> requires SonataAdminBundle 2.5 and SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle 2.0. I'm not sure
> about the state of SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdminBundle and if we should ship it with this CMF
> release. If not, the tab PRs can't be merged.
> Besides this, the MenuBundle has a general UX improve PR, which is very close to be finished.

it should be possible to release SonataDoctrinePhpcrBundle

> • 2.7 support, afaik most bundles and components are made as much deprecation-free as
> possible, making them ready for Symfony 2.7.

it might be good that we open tickets with the deprecation notices travis generates so that we can track the remaining issues.

> • Lowest version tests, almost all packages are now tested successfully against the lower
> version boundaries.

awesome work on this! we should also blog about this .. if we would have done this from day one, it would have saved a lot of work, so it would be a useful lesson to share!

> I hope to hear some input from you and see if we can get something finished/stable.

thank you for this email .. its really high time to push for new stable minor versions .. maybe we should set ourselves a date .. like releasing RCs in July

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org

signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Jun 17, 2015, 4:14:10 AM6/17/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

> On 01 Jun 2015, at 10:46, Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>

>> On 01 Jun 2015, at 00:15, Wouter J <jong.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Symfony 2.7 has just been released and according to our original release plan, we should
>> release a new CMF release one month after it. This means we've had 8 months of developing
>> time. That's long enough for a new release imo
>
> +1

that email came and went somewhat without action ..

I know David is on vacation atm, but lets push things forward none the less.
I started a 1.3 (and 1.2 milestone) for the CoreBundle:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CoreBundle/milestones

Note I also added a “nicetohave” label for stuff that could go into 1.3 if someone finds time to work on it.

We should do the same for all other repositories and then start to finish stuff!
signature.asc

David Buchmann

Aug 21, 2015, 8:18:03 AM8/21/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
hi,

so for jackalope and phpcr-odm we are on good track to releases or
already did releases. but for the cmf bundle, not much happened since
this discussion. so what do we do?

in the core bundle, i threw out a couple of issues from the milestone,
and assigned 2 that i think i can work on in the next days to me. i
propose that others who see the possibility to do something until the
end of the month do the same (assign tickets to themselves, or write
some comment). by the end of the month we should just move to a release
and kick out all issues that found nobody who wants to work on them.

we have milestones for the other repos as well:
routing has https://github.com/symfony-cmf/RoutingBundle/milestones/1.4
(the library seems to not need a new release)
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/ContentBundle/milestones/1.3
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MenuBundle/milestones/2.0
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SimpleCmsBundle/milestones/1.3

imho the main area of progress are knp menu 2.0 and support for sonata
2.4+. i lost track a bit of the state there.
i think those 2 things are the things we must do a coordinated effort to
get them done. wouter, can you maybe gather what is left to do and tell
where people can help?

cheers,david
--
Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 43 500 39 80
CH-8005 Zurich // PGP 0xA581808B // www.liip.ch

GMX - Maximilian Berghoff

Aug 21, 2015, 8:21:36 AM8/21/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for the SeoBundle there is one bug left only:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SeoBundle/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.2
But the PR is ready to merge, so we could tag that tonight.

greetz max

David Buchmann

Aug 21, 2015, 8:33:05 AM8/21/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
just merged that one.

but there is a sonata PR open for seo as well. i added that to the
milestone for now:
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SeoBundle/milestones/1.2

or do we want to tag 1.2.0 now and keep sonata update for a seo bundle 1.3?

cheers,david

Wouter de Jong

Aug 21, 2015, 9:40:30 AM8/21/15
to Daniel Leech
Sonata is a big trouble maker for most CMF bundles. Not because of Sonata, but because we implemented some very unstable things in the dev. The problem:

* SonataAdmin 2.4 doesn't want to keep KnpMenu 1.* support and bumped to KnpMenu 2.*
* This requires CmfMenu 2.*, which is waiting for KnpMenu 2.1 => I have no status on this, Lukas and I are pinging the KnpLabs guys often to push to this release
* Using SonataAdmin 2.4 means requiring SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdmin 2.0-dev
* SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdmin 2.0-dev requires TreeBrowser 2.0-dev
* TreeBrowser 2.0-dev requires Resources packages, which require Puli
* Puli 1.0 stable is expected at the very end of this year

There are a couple solutions:

Do not support SonataAdmin 2.4 in this release
This would be a shame imo

Revert usage of TreeBrowser 2.0-dev in SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdmin 2.0-dev
This means releasing 3.0 directly after 2.0, as the next release probably is going to include TreeBrowser 2.0-dev
This would still mean we have to find a way to release 2.1 (helping, pinging, taking over the project, ...)

Rely on an unstable version of Puli
I'm not sure how much breaking changes will be introduced between now and stable-Puli, but I don't expect many. The resources + puli packages, as far as I can tell, work pretty stable at the moment.

GMX - Maximilian Berghoff

Aug 21, 2015, 10:14:40 AM8/21/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
Why is it a shame to skip Sonata now?

Instead of waiting for this and that we should cherry pick all sonata
realed stuff, and release the rest. So i would propose a completely
separated sonata update release even a few weeks after this one.

max

David Buchmann

Aug 23, 2015, 5:30:15 AM8/23/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
thanks wouter for this summary!
hm, so really a convoluted issue.

i am not sure of the worth of releasing sonata phpcr-admin 2.0 without
sonata admin 2.4 support. so i would see this plan:

* release bundles that have relevant improvements other than sonata and
keep back the sonata upgrade. we should release what we have, as the
resources/tree bundle finalizing look like major blockers.

* once the release is over, focus on resources, tree browser and sonata
phpcr-admin

* if knp menu continues being slow, consider finding them some new
maintainers or just ditching our dependency on it and porting what we
need of it into cmf menu. that would essentially mean a fork of the knp
menu library, so not a nice solution.

what we could release soonish with this plan:

* CoreBundle, Routing, RoutingBundle: symfony 2.7 support
* SeoBundle: lots of new features
* RoutingAuto: couple new features (currently many open PRs)
* RoutingAutoBundle: couple new features
* SimpleCmsBundle: symfony 2.7, ORM support (still open WIP PR)
* MediaBundle: File form type (currently many issues in milestone)

* ContentBundle seems to have no relevant changes.
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/ContentBundle/compare/1.2.0...master (we
test with symfony 2.7 but thats it)
* CreateBundle sems to have no relevant changes

cheers,david

On 21.08.2015 15:40, Wouter de Jong wrote:
> [...]
> get them done. wouter, can you maybe gather what is left to do and tell
> where people can help?
>
> cheers,david

> >> +1
> >
> > that email came and went somewhat without action ..
> >
> > I know David is on vacation atm, but lets push things forward none the less.
> > I started a 1.3 (and 1.2 milestone) for the CoreBundle:
> > https://github.com/symfony-cmf/CoreBundle/milestones
> >
> > Note I also added a “nicetohave” label for stuff that could go into 1.3 if someone finds time to work on it.
> >
> > We should do the same for all other repositories and then start to finish stuff!
> >
> > regards,
> > Lukas Kahwe Smith
> > sm...@pooteeweet.org <mailto:sm...@pooteeweet.org>
> >

> --
> Liip AG // Agile Web Development // T +41 43 500 39 80

Wouter de Jong

Aug 23, 2015, 5:42:27 AM8/23/15
to Daniel Leech
Yeah, David, that looks like a plan.

MenuBundle 2.0 can also be released, but it can't be used in the
Sandbox and SE, because of some missing features. However, the
bundle should work fine and support KnpMenu 2.0.
A missing feature in KnpMenu 2.0 is for instance a way to detect if
a menu item is the current menu item in the template. I've added new
twig filters/functions in KnpMenu 2.1, but this hasn't be released yet.

I agree that we should release 2.7/2.8 support in bundles and PHP 7
support. The next release can then bump the major version for every
bundle/package and include only 2.8 and 3.0+ support (this is what we
discussed some months ago). That would fluently work for TreeBrowser
and such.

This would allow us to have a smaller release now and a really amazing
and big release at the end of the year.

I'll try to clean up the 2 RoutingAuto repositories today and work on the
docs this week. What about releasing the first RC at the end of this
week for all related packages?

- Wouter

Wouter de Jong

Aug 23, 2015, 4:27:58 PM8/23/15
to Daniel Leech
As a small update, RoutingAuto repositories are now cleaned up and tagged with the 1.1 milestone

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 24, 2015, 4:58:17 PM8/24/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

> On 23 Aug 2015, at 11:42, Wouter de Jong <jong.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah, David, that looks like a plan.
>
> MenuBundle 2.0 can also be released, but it can't be used in the
> Sandbox and SE, because of some missing features. However, the
> bundle should work fine and support KnpMenu 2.0.
> A missing feature in KnpMenu 2.0 is for instance a way to detect if
> a menu item is the current menu item in the template. I've added new
> twig filters/functions in KnpMenu 2.1, but this hasn't be released yet.
>
> I agree that we should release 2.7/2.8 support in bundles and PHP 7
> support. The next release can then bump the major version for every
> bundle/package and include only 2.8 and 3.0+ support (this is what we
> discussed some months ago). That would fluently work for TreeBrowser
> and such.
>
> This would allow us to have a smaller release now and a really amazing
> and big release at the end of the year.
>
> I'll try to clean up the 2 RoutingAuto repositories today and work on the
> docs this week. What about releasing the first RC at the end of this
> week for all related packages?

The delay with KnpMenu is just not acceptable. IMHO we should now ask to get release rights or we should talk to Sonata about forking KnpMenu. But we have waited long enough.
signature.asc

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 25, 2015, 4:17:50 AM8/25/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

> On 23 Aug 2015, at 11:30, David Buchmann <da...@liip.ch> wrote:
>
> thanks wouter for this summary!
> hm, so really a convoluted issue.
>
> i am not sure of the worth of releasing sonata phpcr-admin 2.0 without
> sonata admin 2.4 support. so i would see this plan:

OK good news .. Wouter, David and I just got the right to do commits and releases for KnpMenu/KnpMenuBundle so with this we can move forward with Sonata 2.4 support .. right?
signature.asc

Wouter de Jong

Aug 25, 2015, 4:19:52 AM8/25/15
to Daniel Leech
Sonata 2.4 support relies on Puli and it is not coming quickly (and not because the maintainers aren't busy with Puli).

This means we can release MenuBundle 2.0.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Aug 25, 2015, 4:20:51 AM8/25/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

> On 25 Aug 2015, at 10:19, Wouter de Jong <jong.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sonata 2.4 support relies on Puli and it is not coming quickly (and not because the maintainers aren't busy with Puli).
>
> This means we can release MenuBundle 2.0.

ah ok ..

we require Puli for the new tree browser via the resource bundle .. right?
signature.asc

Wouter de Jong

Aug 25, 2015, 4:40:11 AM8/25/15
to Daniel Leech
Yes, and we require SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdmin 2.0 (which requires TreeBrowser 2.0) for SonataAdmin 2.4 support.

Wouter de Jong

Aug 30, 2015, 4:49:34 PM8/30/15
to Daniel Leech
So, we're close to the end of the month. Let's release RC1 for some bundles and try to get all other packages ready for RC1 this week, ok?

Bundles that can have a next RC1 release:

* SeoBundle (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SeoBundle/milestones/1.2): one issue with adding annotations, can be done in the RC phase
* RoutingAuto (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/RoutingAuto/milestones/1.1): 2 bug fixes, can be done in RC phase and 1 nicetohave feature can be skipped
* RoutingAutoBundle (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/RoutingAutoBundle/milestones/1.1): currently 1 bug on hold for a PHPCR-ODM bug and a nicetohave feature

Bundles that require some more time:

* ContentBundle (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/ContentBundle/milestones/1.3): No features yet, some relatively small features are on the list. Let's make a simple release here.
* MenuBundle (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MenuBundle/milestones/2.0): 2 bugs that were waiting for KnpMenu 2.0: memory leak and not loading the entire menu that just have to make it in the next release imo
* SimpleCmsBundle (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/SimpleCmsBundle/milestones/1.3): Quite a huge list, I'm not fully up to date what needs to be done here and what is just nicetohave.

David Buchmann

Aug 30, 2015, 5:15:24 PM8/30/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
hi,

things look quite good imho.
we use the nice to have tag to identify issues that are not needed for
the release. most of the issues in simplecmsbundle fall into that category.

i guess the main question is whether we manage to release a version of
knpmenu+bundle that allows to wrap up cmf menu bundle 2.0. then we also
need to wrap up simple cms to work with menu bundle 2.0.

cheers,david
> <mailto:jong.de...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Yes, and we require SonataDoctrinePhpcrAdmin 2.0 (which requires
> TreeBrowser 2.0) for SonataAdmin 2.4 support.

> <mailto:sm...@pooteeweet.org>>:
>

> > On 25 Aug 2015, at 10:19, Wouter de Jong <jong.de...@gmail.com <mailto:jong.de...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Sonata 2.4 support relies on Puli and it is not coming quickly (and not because the maintainers aren't busy with Puli).
> >
> > This means we can release MenuBundle 2.0.
>
> ah ok ..
>
> we require Puli for the new tree browser via the resource bundle
> .. right?
>
> regards,
> Lukas Kahwe Smith
> sm...@pooteeweet.org <mailto:sm...@pooteeweet.org>
>

> --

Wouter de Jong

Aug 31, 2015, 4:10:06 AM8/31/15
to Daniel Leech
Packages I forgot yesterday:

Bundles that can have a RC1 release now:
* BlockBundle (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/BlockBundle/milestones/1.3): Seems 2 bug fixes have to be done (can be done in RC phase)
* CreateBundle: No milestone, but it has some new features in master so I guess ready for a release
* Testing: No milestone, ready for a 1.3 release
* SearchBundle: No milestone and not much features, still worth a new release (2.7 support)

Bundles that require some work:
* MediaBundle (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/MediaBundle/milestones/1.3): Still some issues in the milestone, someone with a better knowledge of the package should look at it.

David Buchmann

Sep 20, 2015, 7:57:31 AM9/20/15
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
> i guess the main question is whether we manage to release a version of
> knpmenu+bundle that allows to wrap up cmf menu bundle 2.0. then we also
> need to wrap up simple cms to work with menu bundle 2.0.

given that now we are one month later, we focus on getting releases out
asap and once they are out wrap up the whole menu / sonata / tree thing
for a next version towards the end of the year.

i am at the php bulgaria conference next week, after that i should have
some time again to work on stuff. tomorrow i have some time - lets see
how far we can get towards RC releases. afaik lukas should be around
again as well.

cheers,david

Maximilian Berghoff

Jan 3, 2016, 3:09:46 AM1/3/16
to symfony-cmf-devs
What is still missing for the release?

Looking at
There are lots of issues with the milestone 1.3. But there are some open issues (https://github.com/symfony-cmf/standard-edition/issues/38) which arn't related to us or our release.

Maybe i missed it, but the menu-bundle stuff was solved, right?

What will be the plan after the 1.3? 1.4 and/or 2.0?

greets max

Wouter J

Mar 26, 2016, 5:37:21 AM3/26/16
to symfony-cmf-devs
We're in RC state for quite a while now and I don't see many new bug reports. To me,
it seems like we are ready for the CMF 1.3 release. Anyone who disagrees?

Btw, what do you think about renaming our repositories on github from RoutingBundle
to routing-bundle (just like Symfony did some months ago). Nothing will be broken, as
GitHub recently started supporting redirecting in its API.

Daniel Leech

Mar 30, 2016, 4:59:51 AM3/30/16
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 02:37:20AM -0700, Wouter J wrote:
> We're in RC state for quite a while now and I don't see many new bug
> reports. To me,
> it seems like we are ready for the CMF 1.3 release. Anyone who disagrees?

Sounds good to me.

> Btw, what do you think about renaming our repositories on github from
> RoutingBundle
> to routing-bundle (just like Symfony did some months ago). Nothing will be
> broken, as
> GitHub recently started supporting redirecting in its API.

I prefer that form, and if Symfony has already done it then why not :)

> Op zondag 3 januari 2016 09:09:46 UTC+1 schreef Maximilian Berghoff:
>
> What is still missing for the release?
> Looking at
> [1]https://waffle.io/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf?milestone=1.3
> There are lots of issues with the milestone 1.3. But there are some open
> issues ([2]https://github.com/symfony-cmf/standard-edition/issues/38)
> which arn't related to us or our release.
> Maybe i missed it, but the menu-bundle stuff was solved, right?
> What will be the plan after the 1.3? 1.4 and/or 2.0?
> greets max
>
> --
>
> References
>
> Visible links
> 1. https://waffle.io/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf?milestone=1.3
> 2. https://github.com/symfony-cmf/standard-edition/issues/38
> 3. mailto:symfony-cmf-de...@googlegroups.com
> 4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

David Buchmann

Mar 30, 2016, 7:57:16 AM3/30/16
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
> We're in RC state for quite a while now and I don't see many new bug
> reports. To me,
> it seems like we are ready for the CMF 1.3 release. Anyone who
> disagrees?

i agree. i am back from my holidays and have some time this week to push
things. i am currently trying to get the sandbox running again, sorting
out issues with SonataTranslationBundle.

i just went over the bundles and updated
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf/wiki/Release-1.3 to reflect
the plan.

please edit that page and create issues on the git repos if you see any
other blockers. i would love to release Testing tonight or tomorrow, and
then move forward with the "almost there" parts.

i am a bit unsure of menu bundle 2.0 and tree browser 2.0 (vs tree
browser 1 in some of the require-dev of bundles).
routing auto has quite a few open things - my suggestion is to postpone
as much as we can to the 2.0 refactoring that has already started
anyways, so that we don't have to wait with releasing any longer.

sorry to have been absent for a month and now come back all pushy, but i
really want to get this out of the doors now, and i have time to work on
it this week (and much less in the coming weeks...). can we do this?

cheers,david

David Buchmann

Mar 30, 2016, 9:35:35 AM3/30/16
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
> Btw, what do you think about renaming our repositories on github from
> RoutingBundle
> to routing-bundle (just like Symfony did some months ago). Nothing will
> be broken, as
> GitHub recently started supporting redirecting in its API.

i guess we better do that before actually tagging? i am fine with
renaming them, matching the composer name feels most natural - and
matches the naming in the vendor folder.

unless somebody objects, i will simply do that tomorrow

Wouter de Jong

Mar 30, 2016, 4:25:39 PM3/30/16
to Daniel Leech
i just went over the bundles and updated
https://github.com/symfony-cmf/symfony-cmf/wiki/Release-1.3 to reflect
the plan.

+1 I've updated the page a bit and merged some PRs.

i would love to release Testing tonight or tomorrow, and
then move forward with the "almost there" parts.

+1 to release Slugifier and Testing, this will fix most of the todo items. If
you can join on irc and ping me in the evenings, I'll be around and we can
release some stuff.

i am a bit unsure of menu bundle 2.0 and tree browser 2.0 (vs tree
browser 1 in some of the require-dev of bundles).

Let's not include TreeBrowserBundle 2.0 into CMF 1.3, it relies on the
not-yet-stable Puli library and SonataDoctrinePhpcrBundle 2. Instead,
TreeBrowserBundle 1.2 stable should be released (which includes Sf 3
support).

CmfMenuBundle 2.0 is quite ready afaik and I would really like to release
it as people are waiting for a KnpMenu 2 supporting version of the bundle.

routing auto has quite a few open things - my suggestion is to postpone
as much as we can to the 2.0 refactoring that has already started
anyways, so that we don't have to wait with releasing any longer.

I've cleaned up both milestones and edit the wiki page. The remaining issues
should be fixed/decided upon before the 1.1 stable release imo.

i guess we better do that before actually tagging?

It doesn't matter much, but as we all seem to agree let's just do it :)

Thanks for this final final final push, david. Good job! I should have some more
free time next week, so we should be able to release things within 2 weeks imo.

David Buchmann

Mar 31, 2016, 6:19:12 AM3/31/16
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
> you can join on irc and ping me in the evenings, I'll be around and we can
> release some stuff.

sorry, yesterday evening was family time.
but now i merged some more stuff and started tagging. got quite far already.

> i am a bit unsure of menu bundle 2.0 and tree browser 2.0 (vs tree
>
> browser 1 in some of the require-dev of bundles).
>

> Let's not include TreeBrowserBundle 2.0 into CMF 1.3, it relies on the
> not-yet-stable Puli library and SonataDoctrinePhpcrBundle 2. Instead,
> TreeBrowserBundle 1.2 stable should be released (which includes Sf 3
> support).
>
> CmfMenuBundle 2.0 is quite ready afaik and I would really like to release
> it as people are waiting for a KnpMenu 2 supporting version of the bundle.

if cmf menu 2.0 works with tree 1, then great.
we have to be careful with writing the release blogpost to avoid
confusion :-)

@dan/wouter: can i dump routing auto on one of you?

ups, re: renaming: i forgot to do that. i would rather not do that the
same day as tagging, in case there are any side effects. can you do that
next week wouter?

Daniel Leech

Mar 31, 2016, 11:06:45 AM3/31/16
On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:19:08PM +0200, David Buchmann wrote:
> > you can join on irc and ping me in the evenings, I'll be around and we can
> > release some stuff.
>
> sorry, yesterday evening was family time.
> but now i merged some more stuff and started tagging. got quite far already.
>
> > i am a bit unsure of menu bundle 2.0 and tree browser 2.0 (vs tree
> >
> > browser 1 in some of the require-dev of bundles).
> >

> > Let's not include TreeBrowserBundle 2.0 into CMF 1.3, it relies on the
> > not-yet-stable Puli library and SonataDoctrinePhpcrBundle 2. Instead,
> > TreeBrowserBundle 1.2 stable should be released (which includes Sf 3
> > support).
> >
> > CmfMenuBundle 2.0 is quite ready afaik and I would really like to release
> > it as people are waiting for a KnpMenu 2 supporting version of the bundle.
>
> if cmf menu 2.0 works with tree 1, then great.
> we have to be careful with writing the release blogpost to avoid
> confusion :-)
>
> @dan/wouter: can i dump routing auto on one of you?

Is this just a case of tagging, making sure we don't have
dev-dependencies etc? I can handle it either this evening or
tomorrow / evening.

> ups, re: renaming: i forgot to do that. i would rather not do that the
> same day as tagging, in case there are any side effects. can you do that
> next week wouter?

Wouter de Jong

Mar 31, 2016, 2:40:20 PM3/31/16
to Daniel Leech
RoutingAuto(Bundle) are both released as well now. Afaics, only SeoBundle
is remaining for a CMF Sandbox and SE release.

gmx Privat

Mar 31, 2016, 3:22:37 PM3/31/16

Am 31.03.2016 um 20:40 schrieb Wouter de Jong <jong.de...@gmail.com>:

RoutingAuto(Bundle) are both released as well now. Afaics, only SeoBundle

Can't hold it on my seat awaiting that Moment. There is just one failing Test in the open PR before i can merge that.

Maximilian Berghoff

Apr 4, 2016, 7:48:13 AM4/4/16
to symfony-cmf-devs
I just released the SeoBundle. Was that the last, or is an other bundle/component missing?

Wouter de Jong

Apr 4, 2016, 8:03:08 AM4/4/16
to Daniel Leech
Now all packages are stable, we can finish CMF Sandbox 1.3 and release it. After that,
writing a release blog post is the last thing to do afaik

I just released the SeoBundle. Was that the last, or is an other bundle/component missing?

David Buchmann

Apr 6, 2016, 3:00:31 AM4/6/16
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
aand for the record: http://cmf.symfony.com/news/release-1-3

\o/

Wouter de Jong

Apr 7, 2016, 4:40:06 AM4/7/16
to Daniel Leech
I've just done the renaming of the repositories on GitHub. Did some local tests
and didn't have any problems, so I think everything is OK.

I also started creating version branches and bumping master to 2.0 for some
branches. However, I have questions about 2 packages:

 * Routing - This one already has Symfony 3 compatibility in CMF 1.3. Do we
   still want bump master to 2.0 for consistency?
 * MenuBundle - This one already is in 2.0. Do we introduce the BC changes
   (dropping Symfony 2.3 and PHP <5.5 support) in 2.1 or do we bump straight
   to 3.0 here?

aand for the record: http://cmf.symfony.com/news/release-1-3

\o/

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Apr 7, 2016, 5:11:10 AM4/7/16
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com

> On 07 Apr 2016, at 16:40, Wouter de Jong <jong.de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've just done the renaming of the repositories on GitHub. Did some local tests
> and didn't have any problems, so I think everything is OK.
>
> I also started creating version branches and bumping master to 2.0 for some
> branches. However, I have questions about 2 packages:
>
> * Routing - This one already has Symfony 3 compatibility in CMF 1.3. Do we
> still want bump master to 2.0 for consistency?

i think we might want to remove some deprecated features.

> * MenuBundle - This one already is in 2.0. Do we introduce the BC changes
> (dropping Symfony 2.3 and PHP <5.5 support) in 2.1 or do we bump straight
> to 3.0 here?

IMHO we can stay at 2.1 for these dep adjustments.

regards,
Lukas

PS: thanks for the release .. best wishes from Bali

David Buchmann

Apr 7, 2016, 10:04:36 AM4/7/16
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
> I've just done the renaming of the repositories on GitHub. Did some
> local tests
> and didn't have any problems, so I think everything is OK.

good news!

> I also started creating version branches and bumping master to 2.0 for some
> branches. However, I have questions about 2 packages:
>
> * Routing - This one already has Symfony 3 compatibility in CMF 1.3. Do we
> still want bump master to 2.0 for consistency?

i would say only if we see the need for BC breaks. there was discussion
about not supporting match() anymore and forcing matchRequest() for
example, to make the inner logic less convoluted.

> * MenuBundle - This one already is in 2.0. Do we introduce the BC changes
> (dropping Symfony 2.3 and PHP <5.5 support) in 2.1 or do we bump straight
> to 3.0 here?

imo dropping symfony 2.3 and php < 5.5 support is no BC break. a minor
version can just bump that - its not going to be accidentally installed
on a too old system thanks to composer. if you need not change your code
when upgrading on a new enough system, there is no BC break.

so lets go to 2.1 and drop old things.

Wouter de Jong

Apr 9, 2016, 5:59:39 PM4/9/16
to Daniel Leech
I discovered packagist isn't updating anymore, because it uses the old repository
URLs. David, you and Lukas are the only two having access to most of the CMF
packages on packagist. Can you please update the repository URLs on packagist?

Also, once all repositories have a lead maintainer, I think the lead maintainer should
have access to its packages on packagist as well.

I've created a 2.1 branch for the MenuBundle. Didn't start any new branch for the
Routing component, David can you please make a decision there? If there are some
BC layers in the component, it makes sense to work on 2.0. Otherwise, I don't see
(apart from consistency) a reason to bump a major version for the component.

David Buchmann

Apr 11, 2016, 5:45:06 AM4/11/16
to symfony-...@googlegroups.com
> I discovered packagist isn't updating anymore, because it uses the old
> repository
> URLs. David, you and Lukas are the only two having access to most of
the CMF
> packages on packagist. Can you please update the repository URLs on
> packagist?

ups. i updated all bundles i have access to.
i don't have the rights on RoutingAutoBundle. @dantleech, can you update
that one (click edit on
https://packagist.org/packages/symfony-cmf/routing-auto-bundle and
change the repository url)

> Also, once all repositories have a lead maintainer, I think the lead
> maintainer should
> have access to its packages on packagist as well.

totally agree!

> I've created a 2.1 branch for the MenuBundle. Didn't start any new
> branch for the
> Routing component, David can you please make a decision there? If there
> are some
> BC layers in the component, it makes sense to work on 2.0. Otherwise, I
> don't see
> (apart from consistency) a reason to bump a major version for the component.

we have one deprecation in DynamicRouter that we could resolve if we
bump the version. that would be nice to get rid of some ugly code to
create requests and stuff. so lets bump the version as well.

Daniel Leech

Apr 11, 2016, 5:48:06 AM4/11/16
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 11:45:02AM +0200, David Buchmann wrote:
> > I discovered packagist isn't updating anymore, because it uses the old
> > repository
> > URLs. David, you and Lukas are the only two having access to most of
> the CMF
> > packages on packagist. Can you please update the repository URLs on
> > packagist?
>
> ups. i updated all bundles i have access to.
> i don't have the rights on RoutingAutoBundle. @dantleech, can you update
> that one (click edit on
> https://packagist.org/packages/symfony-cmf/routing-auto-bundle and
> change the repository url)