Installing Symengine from source

Titouan

Sep 9, 2019, 4:13:35 PM9/9/19
to symengine
Hello,

Isuru made some commits that are essential to my work, but they are not in the latest release available from conventional way such as conda-forge.
He is explaining me how I can make this 'custom' install so I am moving the discussion here so everybody can benefit from it.

I originally installed symengine using Anaconda :
conda install python-symengine -c symengine -c conda-forge

Titouan

Ondřej Čertík

Sep 9, 2019, 4:15:33 PM9/9/19
to syme...@googlegroups.com
> `conda install python-symengine -c symengine -c conda-forge`

I think you don't need the "-c symengine" anymore, right Isuru? I install it directly via conda-forge.

Ondrej

Isuru Fernando

Sep 9, 2019, 4:23:01 PM9/9/19
to symengine
Correct, but Titouan needs a new release or a dev branch.

Ondrej, how about making a new release?

I think we can make a new release after the following PRs are merged

https://github.com/symengine/symengine/pull/1582
Isuru

Ondrej

Ondřej Čertík

Sep 9, 2019, 4:28:54 PM9/9/19
to syme...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, at 2:22 PM, Isuru Fernando wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 3:15 PM Ondřej Čertík <ond...@certik.us> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, at 2:13 PM, Titouan wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Isuru made some commits that are essential to my work, but they are not
> > > in the latest release available from conventional way such as
> > > conda-forge.
> > > He is explaining me how I can make this 'custom' install so I am moving
> > > the discussion here so everybody can benefit from it.
> > >
> > > I originally installed symengine using Anaconda :
> > > `conda install python-symengine -c symengine -c conda-forge`
> >
> > I think you don't need the "-c symengine" anymore, right Isuru? I install it directly via conda-forge.
>
> Correct, but Titouan needs a new release or a dev branch.
>
> Ondrej, how about making a new release?
>
> I think we can make a new release after the following PRs are merged
>
> https://github.com/symengine/symengine/pull/1582
> https://github.com/symengine/symengine/pull/1596
> https://github.com/symengine/symengine/pull/1609

Yes, let's release.

Ondrej

Jogi Miglani

Sep 9, 2019, 4:37:34 PM9/9/19
to syme...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this here. It will help the new contributors.

Jogi Miglani | Undergraduate
Mathematics And Computing
Indian Institute Of Technology (BHU), Varanasi