How to add plant species images without linking to a vouchered collection

wendm...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 5:14:41 PM10/8/21
to Symbiota
I have some photos of some rare plant species from the Colorado Plateau that I'd like to add to SEINet, however, I'm not sure how to add an image without linking it to a vouchered specimen or observation. Is there a way to simply add an image for a species without adding locality information?

Thanks,

Wendy McBride

Miller, Andrew Nicholas

Oct 8, 2021, 5:18:42 PM10/8/21
to symbio...@googlegroups.com
Add an observation, then either do not add the locality or just select the Locality Security so that the locality is not visible to the public.

Andy

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Andrew Miller, Ph.D.
Mycologist and Director of the Herbarium/Fungarium
University of Illinois
Illinois Natural History Survey
1816 South Oak Street
Champaign, IL  61820-6970
phone: (217) 244-0439
email: amil...@illinois.edu
website: http://www.inhs.illinois.edu/research/pi/amiller

Office address:
Robert A. Evers Laboratory
Room 2003
1909 South Oak Street, MC-652

wendm...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2021, 7:45:26 PM10/11/21
to Symbiota
Thanks for the tip, Andrew!

I think there must be another way to add images, however. I see many that are added that don't appear to have had any locality info added at any point. Is it possible there's another way to submit images without being asked for locality info at all?

Katelin Pearson

Oct 13, 2021, 11:57:43 AM10/13/21
to symbio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wendy,

You can add images without locality information if you have "Taxon Profile Editor" permissions. You can then visit the taxon editor page for the taxon of which you have a photo and add images there

image.png

Best,
~Katie

--